SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted January 28, 2009 - 02:42 AM

poor guy.
this really sucks. hopefully he recovers properly and fully.

#22 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 03:40 AM

i say we say sorry to the team by giving them odom and they thank us by giving us him.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#23 purple_and_gold_fever

purple_and_gold_fever

Sixth Man

• 3,811 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 08:45 AM

I hope he's fine and there's nothing too serious.

#24 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,981 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 28, 2009 - 10:22 AM

You can't suspend a player from eventual injuries due to the foul.

Like I said in another post, I went to the game and was sitting right in front of that foul. Bynum didn't hit him that hard, it was just unfortunately well-placed and Wallace just feel incredibly awkward.

#25 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 28, 2009 - 10:44 AM

http://blogs.charlot...broken-rib.html

LOS ANGELES - Charlotte Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace suffered a collapsed left lung and a broken rib in a collision with Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum in the Bobcats' 117-110 double-overtime victory Wednesday night.

According to the team, Wallace lost 30-40 percent of the capacity in his left lung. He also suffered a non-displaced fracture of the fifth rib on his left side.

Doctors at Centinela Hospital inserted a tube in Wallace's lung to help restore functional capacity. Wallace will spend at least Wednesday night in the hospital. Doctors do not anticipate releasing him before late Thursday. At that time, the Bobcats will be better prepared to decide whether Wallace would join the team on its current West Coast trip or return directly to Charlotte.

Bynum was called for a Flagrant 1 foul on the play in which Wallace was driving the lane in the fourth quarter. Bynum threw a hip-check and struck Wallace's rib cage with his right elbow.

The Bobcats will play the Bobcats tonight in Portland. It was unclear who coach Larry Brown would start in Wallace's place.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#26 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted January 28, 2009 - 10:57 AM

More on it:

Wallace taken to hospital Tuesday: Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace was taken to a Los Angeles hospital where he likely spent the night while being tested for a possible collapsed lung and fractured rib. "I don't want to speculate, but at first they told me he might have broken ribs and then they talked about a collapsed lung," coach Larry Brown said. "But they're taking him to the hospital, so we'll see. Hopefully, it's not serious." Wallace was taken tohave a CT scan to check for a collapsed lung. An X-ray at Staples Center indicated no fracture, but as a precaution, Wallace was to have a second X-ray at the hospital. Wallace was injured in the fourth quarter of the Bobcats' double-overtime victory over the Lakers when center Andrew Bynum hip-checked Wallace to the floor on a drive to the basket. Bynum was called for a flagrant foul, and Wallace had to be helped to the locker room by teammates. Wallace scored 15 points before leaving with four rebounds and two assists.

#27 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 11:44 AM

Wow, he got pretty hurt:

Wallace was diagnosed as having between 30 and 40 percent of his left lung collapsed and a non-displaced fracture of the fifth rib after being examined at a Los Angeles hospital. He had a chest tube inserted to help restore the lung to functional capacity, but will remain hospitalized for the next 48 hours for observation, the team said.

:cry:

#28 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,341 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 07:08 PM

That is TERRIBLE. I hope he gets back on track soon.

#29 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 07:37 PM

I love Drew. What a dude:

Listening to Bobcats Pregame and they said Andrew waited at the Bobcat's team bus after the game to try and apologize to Coach Brown, the team, and was trying to find out if he could visit Gerald in the hospital. Also said Andrew's agent called Coach LB numerous times this morning expressing Andrew's concern about Gerald. Way to step up and be a man Andrew, I forgive you.

InsideHoops

#30 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 28, 2009 - 08:29 PM

good job drew ... hope all goes well for everyone
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#31 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts

Posted January 30, 2009 - 01:43 PM

Update:

Gerald Wallace has been released from the hospital

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace has been released from a Los Angeles hospital after being treated for a partially collapsed lung that resulted from a flagrant foul in a game this week.
The Bobcats said on Friday that Wallace was released from Centinela Hospital on Thursday night.

Doctors had inserted a tube into Wallace's left lung to help restore full function. He also fractured a rib late in the team's double-overtime victory over the Los Angeles Lakers.

#32 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted January 31, 2009 - 12:57 AM

good..head home get some rest
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

0 user(s) are reading this topic