Fans needs to stop just blaming LO for losing games.
- Farmar and Fisher had bad games. Felton almost had a triple double.
- Gasol didn't step up when we needed him.
- Phil continues to make stupid substitutions late in the game. (Taking out Bynum for Gasol)
- Sasha was horrible last night and kept shooting even when he wasn't making any 3's.
- Odom missing layups, missing dunks, and making stupid mistakes.
Blame everybody except for Kobe and Bynum.
Nissan, I agree with you but at the same time it's understandable why most fans point their fingers at Odom. With a guy of his enormous talent, you'd think he'd keep us from losing... there's so much he COULD do, yet he DOESN'T do them... it's almost like he is teasing us... a guy of his caliber should never come out of the game without making an impact... more often than not, Odom is MISSING out. Like last night.
I've seen Lakers in a situation like this before. It was Odom's first season with us... vs. Golden state on the road. Odom drove in for a game winning basket. Where was that kind of determined drive??? Odom kept missing gimmes last night, like those couple of easy DUNKS. I don't know how Phil doesn't put in Bynum-Gasol-Odom-Sasha-Fisher at that point when Kobe went out... that is a PLAYOFF team...
Last night though, more blame on Gasol than Odom, and perhaps even Fisher... Gasol deserves to be called Gasoft for screwin' up our possible game winning play. Kobe would never have fallen down like that... Gasol was also called for a foul late in the game, that was WEAK of him to give in and retaliate at a moment like that.
For a supposed "smart" ballplayer, that wasn't so smart...
Edited by Beethovenite, January 29, 2009 - 01:32 AM.