Photo

The Charlotte Game Reveals TWO things...

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#101 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted January 29, 2009 - 01:17 AM

Back on topic and stay on topic.

Stop the baiting and persona attacks. Attack the post, not the poster. If you have a problem with another member use the PM system, or contact a mod.

Posted Image
Why are some of you guys blaming Odom when the whole team played bad? Basketball is a team game and you win as a team and you lose as a team.

because it's easier to point finger at someone and appoint a scapegoat???

isn't that human nature at its best???

#102 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,153 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 29, 2009 - 01:21 AM

On the other hand,

How many times do you get beat by the same play before you change?

For LO, it's 231 times and counting... :nah:

7511301026_4a46afba50.jpg

Calling it right now:

Andrew Wiggins will be better than LeBron James.

#103 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted January 29, 2009 - 01:22 AM

Fans needs to stop just blaming LO for losing games.

- Farmar and Fisher had bad games. Felton almost had a triple double.
- Gasol didn't step up when we needed him.
- Phil continues to make stupid substitutions late in the game. (Taking out Bynum for Gasol)
- Sasha was horrible last night and kept shooting even when he wasn't making any 3's.
- Odom missing layups, missing dunks, and making stupid mistakes.

Blame everybody except for Kobe and Bynum.

#104 LP_18

LP_18

Sasha's favorite

• 1,856 posts
  • Name:Lisa
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha!

Posted January 29, 2009 - 01:26 AM

- Phil continues to make stupid substitutions late in the game. (Taking out Bynum for Gasol)
- Sasha was horrible last night and kept shooting even when he wasn't making any 3's.

everyone always forgets about luke. maybe cause hes almost always a dissapointment
sasha was off, but hes not supposed to take shots if hes open?
if the game wasnt on the line i would agree with you. but SOMEONE had to shoot, he had an open shot, so he took it. unfortunatly his shot was off last night.

and kobe missed everything in the beginning and fouled out in the end... and im not blaming him, but that didnt help us.

Edited by LP_18, January 29, 2009 - 01:27 AM.

QUOTE (MDI @ Mar 19 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when did sash turn into kobe ? WTF?

TEAM SASHA!
TEAM PAU PAU!

#105 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted January 29, 2009 - 01:30 AM

everyone always forgets about luke. maybe cause hes almost always a dissapointment
sasha was off, but hes not supposed to take shots if hes open?
if the game wasnt on the line i would agree with you. but SOMEONE had to shoot, he had an open shot, so he took it. unfortunatly his shot was off last night.

and kobe missed everything in the beginning and fouled out in the end... and im not blaming him, but that didnt help us.

He should take shots when he's open, but don't force shots, when he's not open and he's not having a good game.

Why didn't they give the ball to Bynum when Kobe fouled out?

Kobe still have us a chance to win the game.

#106 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted January 29, 2009 - 01:31 AM

Nissan, I agree with you but at the same time it's understandable why most fans point their fingers at Odom. With a guy of his enormous talent, you'd think he'd keep us from losing... there's so much he COULD do, yet he DOESN'T do them... it's almost like he is teasing us... a guy of his caliber should never come out of the game without making an impact... more often than not, Odom is MISSING out. Like last night.

I've seen Lakers in a situation like this before. It was Odom's first season with us... vs. Golden state on the road. Odom drove in for a game winning basket. Where was that kind of determined drive??? Odom kept missing gimmes last night, like those couple of easy DUNKS. I don't know how Phil doesn't put in Bynum-Gasol-Odom-Sasha-Fisher at that point when Kobe went out... that is a PLAYOFF team...

Last night though, more blame on Gasol than Odom, and perhaps even Fisher... Gasol deserves to be called Gasoft for screwin' up our possible game winning play. Kobe would never have fallen down like that... Gasol was also called for a foul late in the game, that was WEAK of him to give in and retaliate at a moment like that.

For a supposed "smart" ballplayer, that wasn't so smart...

Edited by Beethovenite, January 29, 2009 - 01:32 AM.

#107 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 29, 2009 - 01:56 AM

People keeps blaming Odom because it has been the same story of Lamar's career...

He will have stretches where you think he is having a breakout season, then he will have stretches where he is just spaced out... Then the cycle just continues...

The guy is talented... He is 6'10, good ball handler for his size, very versatile, he can run, he can play multiple positions, very good at rebounding, solid defender, etc...

We tried it all... Made him a facilitator, played him as PF, send him on the 2nd unit (which supposed to fit his running game), etc... but he always fell short... What do we do with him to fit in?

What he lacks is mental toughness...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#108 KaPau

KaPau

Rookie

• 68 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Erving "Magic" Johnson

Posted January 29, 2009 - 07:04 AM

What he lacks is mental toughness...

So true, LO has all the talent and it's there he has shown it, but his lack of concentration sometimes is weird.

#109 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted January 29, 2009 - 08:06 AM

Still calling my name. Baiting is against the rules. My "opinions" aren't "tripping".

I made comments based on my opinion and the facts. Don't agree? Point to some error. Was there an error? No.

The Lakers were held to 14 point under their avg while the Cats got theirs. Not only that, the Lakers couldn't stop the Cats in overtime NOR could they keep up with them on offense with Kobe out.

My opinion? Shows that the Lakers don't defend consistently. Connects to my point of them not being feared in that way.

Go beyond those statements and this conversation is over.

Untrue...not once did he give me any compliment and you know it.

You 2 think youre going to bait me...not going to happen. Conversations with you 2 lead to the same old thing: I'm wrong, you're right.

Let me save you the trouble. There is no wrong or right with an opinion and if you keep jumping down people's throat for having a different opinion, more people are going to complain about you.

Stay away from my posts and opinions from here on out if you can't respect them as such. If not, this is the second time I'm telling you:

I will report you to the mods. Nothing personal. I'm just tired of the back and forth.

Thank you.

Repeating the same tired arguments doesn't make them right, and your constant threats to "report you to the mods" is both childish and tedious. Man up. If you can't stand the heat...

Edited by Scott P, January 29, 2009 - 08:15 AM.

#110 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 29, 2009 - 10:01 AM

damn...the battle rages eh...i step away from the boxing forums for some peace and i come here and see more venom being spat
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#111 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 29, 2009 - 10:34 AM

damn...the battle rages eh...i step away from the boxing forums for some peace and i come here and see more venom being spat

People are very stressed out right now. Jobs are shedding like Oprah's fat and doctors are never happy with the money they make. I personally find comfort in letting off a little steam. :dance1:

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 29, 2009 - 10:35 AM.

#112 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 29, 2009 - 10:48 AM

LO for Artest + Head :rock:

Edited by MDI, January 29, 2009 - 10:48 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#113 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 10:59 AM

LO for Artest + Head :rock:

Who gets the Head, you or the Lakers, MDI? :)

#114 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,867 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 11:25 AM

Who gets the Head, you or the Lakers, MDI? :)

Luther Head for the Lakers :shifty:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#115 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 11:27 AM

Luther Head for the Lakers :shifty:

I don't like it. Artest is a cancer and would never "get" the triangle. He likes to stand out on the perimeter and wave his hands and say "over here, over here!" Plus he's always injured. Luther Head would be in street clothes on the Lakers. He's useless.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 29, 2009 - 11:27 AM.

#116 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 11:32 AM

I don't like it. Artest is a cancer and would never "get" the triangle. He likes to stand out on the perimeter and wave his hands and say "over here, over here!" Plus he's always injured. Luther Head would be in street clothes on the Lakers. He's useless.

Glad to see you coming to your senses about Artest. You've been a long and proud proponent of trading for him. Take away the insanity, and he's just what we need. Sadly, the complete package is damaged goods.

#117 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,867 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 11:35 AM

well he'll just be a half season rental. He'll be gone at the end of the year :unsure:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#118 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 11:38 AM

Glad to see you coming to your senses about Artest. You've been a long and proud proponent of trading for him. Take away the insanity, and he's just what we need. Sadly, the complete package is damaged goods.

As you know, I have an open mind, Scott P. During the off season, I was praying that the LO- Artest deal would happen. I am now convinced that he's a chemistry killer. Even when he's healthy, he has thrown the Rockets off their game numerous times this season and there is no reason to believe that he wouldn't do the same to the Lakers. Sure, he won with the Pacers, but that was a long time ago and it looks like he's going down the path of Steve Francis and Stephan Marbury with respect to the fact that perhaps he does more harm to a team than good. I'm way over him.

#119 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 11:39 AM

well he'll just be a half season rental. He'll be gone at the end of the year :unsure:

I understand your frustration with LO's frequent inability to finish and inconsistency. But let the Celtics be the desperate team by taking Marbury. This team of ours is excellent: we don't need to risk Artest. He makes Rodman look stable.

#120 LAKERS_14th

LAKERS_14th

Rookie

• 96 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Black Mamba & BYNUM

Posted January 29, 2009 - 12:06 PM

This game showed us exactly how IMPORTANT KOBE is to this team. He is the MVP. Without him, we're a beheaded snake.
:unsure:

The Lakers are not just any other team without kobe anymore. yes, he is still what makes our team the best and most formidable force in the nba, but we are so deep that to call the rest of the team a beheaded snake is unfair.

Gasol had his worst game as laker and went back to gasoft for a night. ariza will perform in the clutch and can produce some great slashing moves. With these two not contributing it may have seemed the lakers are hopeless without kobe but its just not the case
BOSTON SUCKS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users