Photo

The Charlotte Game Reveals TWO things...

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#81 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 28, 2009 - 06:24 PM

ummm, bringing it back....this is why I said Kobe is the most consistent laker, because how many BAD games has he had, he has good games and great games, if he isnt there offensively, he is getting assists and playing Defense and rebouding and dont forget the two bad fingers. And if you dont like Phil sub patterns then write letters to Mitch and Jerry and ask the team to pursue other coaching options. i am sure that Avery Johnson is a much better coach than Phil.
But really, give the Bobcats some credit, that trade really has improved them, it seemed like it was all bell and diaw all the time, throw in felton and an okafor dunk here or there and the game was decided by those four, but great game IMO . If sasha would have hit a coupla more ahots and Pau could have shot 45%, we would have won, but this win makes thier fans more happy, then the loss creates grief for us
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#82 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 28, 2009 - 06:27 PM

Where is Doc anyway? It's more fun with him here.

more baiting huh, you guys are hilarious
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#83 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 06:28 PM

i dont think they were srious or mad, just love internet communication
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#84 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 28, 2009 - 07:01 PM

It reveals that we plays trash against trash teams, and shows up against superior teams... It has been our problem for years... Even during Shaq days...

While I'm pissed about that game, I'm still not worried... You don't destroy the Spurs last season, and you don't reach the Finals dominating the Western Conference by being matadors... We are better now, on both ends on the floor...

Consistency, that's all I'm asking...

Heck, I doubt Celtics fans panicked when their team got embarrassed by a pretty banged up Golden State Warriors...

Do you really think we will still play like this during the PO? I don't think so...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#85 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 07:07 PM

once again people are underestimating the comp. As of now, the bobcats arent garbage. That was a good team, and it played well. they are built to win and have a great coach and they are a top 5 defensive team. But we are better overall than most teams so we win a vast majority of our games. we will be 30 games over .500 by the end of Feb.

#86 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 28, 2009 - 07:45 PM

once again people are underestimating the comp. As of now, the bobcats arent garbage. That was a good team, and it played well. they are built to win and have a great coach and they are a top 5 defensive team. But we are better overall than most teams so we win a vast majority of our games. we will be 30 games over .500 by the end of Feb.

OK, let's get back to the discussion of the Lakers poor defense which Doc seems to enjoy harping on. You were absolutely correct in your last post in the locked thread, but all you did was echo what Scott P and I were saying. What's wrong with defending our "Homer" turf, Kob-Gas2? Scott P made a joke and Doc went mental on us. Please don't lump Doc in with Scott P and me, who are true, objective fans who also happen to be season ticket holders. If you read my posts, you'll see that I don't kiss everyone's @ss on the team. But I do recognize that it's a very long season and that we have a coach with 9 rings and the best player in the game who understand the ins and outs of this marathon. I don't freak out over a few defensive lapses during the course of the regular season.

Everything you are saying is true about Larry Brown and the 'Cats, not to mention the fact that this just happens to be an irrelevant team that has our number. I believe the Lake Show will post somewhere between 62-66 wins when the dust settles. Certainly enough to be the #1 seed in the West, but no certainty for #1 overall. It shouldn't matter because we should be able to win anywhere in the playoffs, especially with Andrew Bynum's progress.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 28, 2009 - 07:48 PM.

#87 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,876 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 28, 2009 - 08:10 PM

just a warning to everyone arguing in here...please argue against opinions, and statements made people, and do so in a mature manner. and NO BAITING, leave your snide comments to yourself

Posted Image

Posted Image

#88 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:36 PM

Considering that this warning came right after one of my posts, I must assume that the comment is directed at me. My arguments are always against opinions and statements made [by] people. I don't know what you mean by "mature" or "snide comments," but sometimes you can't get a point across without a little sarcasm or humor (or at least an attempt at it). Scott P and I are ardent, long time Lakers fans. We are both season ticket holders and have been true fans through the good times and the bad times. We see the big picture, trends and don't freak out during a losing streak or a few bad possessions for that matter. When I see people throwing players under the bus because they are having a poor season or a few bad games, or attack others on here with arrogance and condescending comments (e.g., Doc), you bet I'm going to stand my ground and exercise my right to call him out. That's exactly what this forum is for, in my opinion. We're not robots here, Game, we're fans. I happen to be a patient, appreciative fan who doesn't whine. Dr. Buss and Mitch Kupchak have put the most exciting product on the court for us Lakers fans since the 1999-2000 team .. the most exciting, talented team in the NBA for that matter ... and rather than showing appreciation for that, there is way too much complaining on here. How about banning whining and complaining?

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 28, 2009 - 09:56 PM.

#89 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,876 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:46 PM

^actually no, not you in particular at all...i hadn't even read your last post before i was in the process of posting that

i'm all for debating, that what message boards are for, this place wouldn't be worth comin to if everyone had the same opinion about everything, or if everyone thought the lakers could do no wrong...and opinion was stressed to me that this thread was on the verge of getting out of hand, and i addressed it as a whole, sorry for any confusion

Posted Image

#90 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:55 PM

Sorry for making that assumption, too, Game. I like this thread.

#91 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,876 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:59 PM

no prob, i could see how it might appear that way

Posted Image

#92 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,889 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 29, 2009 - 12:24 AM

^actually no, not you in particular at all...i hadn't even read your last post before i was in the process of posting that

i'm all for debating, that what message boards are for, this place wouldn't be worth comin to if everyone had the same opinion about everything, or if everyone thought the lakers could do no wrong...and opinion was stressed to me that this thread was on the verge of getting out of hand, and i addressed it as a whole, sorry for any confusion

I just read this post. I'll delete my previous posts.

Thank you.

#93 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,889 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 12:27 AM

Considering that this warning came right after one of my posts, I must assume that the comment is directed at me. My arguments are always against opinions and statements made [by] people. I don't know what you mean by "mature" or "snide comments," but sometimes you can't get a point across without a little sarcasm or humor (or at least an attempt at it). Scott P and I are ardent, long time Lakers fans. We are both season ticket holders and have been true fans through the good times and the bad times. We see the big picture, trends and don't freak out during a losing streak or a few bad possessions for that matter. When I see people throwing players under the bus because they are having a poor season or a few bad games, or attack others on here with arrogance and condescending comments (e.g., Doc), you bet I'm going to stand my ground and exercise my right to call him out. That's exactly what this forum is for, in my opinion. We're not robots here, Game, we're fans. I happen to be a patient, appreciative fan who doesn't whine. Dr. Buss and Mitch Kupchak have put the most exciting product on the court for us Lakers fans since the 1999-2000 team .. the most exciting, talented team in the NBA for that matter ... and rather than showing appreciation for that, there is way too much complaining on here. How about banning whining and complaining?

For future reference, please don't use me as an example of anything.

I'd appreciate it. If you have a problem with anything I say, a PM is the correct way to address that...and a mature way, if I might add.

If that's too much to ask, please feel free to ignore any post I make.

Thank you.

#94 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted January 29, 2009 - 12:31 AM

You have to admit though Ken, most of the time you're just battling with bunch of noobs... not to say that I don't admire you standing your ground. I also admire your passion for our team and enjoy reading your posts. But I do think you tend to jump on people and it only forces them to swing back. :/

Nonetheless it is entertaining for some of us to watch ya'll duke it out. :dance1:

#95 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,889 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 12:34 AM

It's a new day, Doc, and time for a new torching. You were wrong yesterday and remain stubbornly skewed today. You conveniently cherry pick last night's game to "prove" your point. The problem is that Calculus IV has caused you to think too much in the abstract and that you have a difficult time focusing on the big picture.

This was a meaningless regular season game, just like I said after the loss down the stretch at Staples last year. I don't know how long you have been watching sports in general, Doc, but there are certain teams that just happen to play well against other teams. It's inexplicable. For example, the Jets and Dolphins seem to always play each other tough regardless of how the teams' overall records are. Yeah, I know, I can't comprehend what you are saying about DEFENSE and how Charlotte is a weak offensive team, blah, blah, blah. Actually, they play slow down ball much like Larry Brown's Pistons did which limits the number of possessions, but let's not discuss that.

This game actually was meaningful in a positive way as a previous poster indicated. This represented the continued evolution of Andrew Bynum, which in and of itself was more important than the loss. Gasol had an off night, Steve Javie & Co. had it in for Kobe, Ariza went out early, and, as I said before, the Bobcats seem to have our number and deserved the win anyway.

Our defense will be fine, Doc, and we can beat any team, anywhere ... ok, except maybe not the Bobcats at Staples Center and the Trail Blazers at the Rose Garden.

I get it. Statistically insignificant outlier...convenient for any data that doesn't fit your preconceptions.

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Why play any game? If none of them matter? This is sad. I made valid points. Lakers go out and prove exactly what I said. No apology. In fact, you accuse me of looking into it too much? For the record, I don't WANT an apology...

The CHAR game revealed alot of things. None of them new. Keep ignoring anything you don't want to see.

#96 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,889 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 12:47 AM

Kapau and Doc are trippin' for some reason. I'm stoked about the 6 game road trip personally. Let's hope the league doesn't wrongfully suspend Andrew though.

Still calling my name. Baiting is against the rules. My "opinions" aren't "tripping".

Showing off your calculus IV again, eh doc? Your statistical analysis is crap. You want this team to be something they're not. They're not the Celtics. They're better. They're not built to hold teams to 85 points. They lost yesterday, and you think that proves your point. It does not. They need to be true to their nature. It's not as if they're the old Phoenix Suns that lived and died by their offense. The triangle is much more reliable and more immune to the negative effects of a cold shooting day. Thank god you're just a loud mouthed fan and not actually making decisions for the team. Otherwise, you'd probably pull a Steve Kerr, and the team would go down the tubes like the Suns did.

I made comments based on my opinion and the facts. Don't agree? Point to some error. Was there an error? No.

The Lakers were held to 14 point under their avg while the Cats got theirs. Not only that, the Lakers couldn't stop the Cats in overtime NOR could they keep up with them on offense with Kobe out.

My opinion? Shows that the Lakers don't defend consistently. Connects to my point of them not being feared in that way.

Go beyond those statements and this conversation is over.

No one is calling anyone any names as far as I can tell, WC21. Scott P actually complimented Doc and called him a genius as I recall. These are merely constructive criticisms of other people's opinions which is what this is all about. So with all due deference to your desire to have a vanilla forum, I respectfully disagree.

Untrue...not once did he give me any compliment and you know it.

You 2 think youre going to bait me...not going to happen. Conversations with you 2 lead to the same old thing: I'm wrong, you're right.

Let me save you the trouble. There is no wrong or right with an opinion and if you keep jumping down people's throat for having a different opinion, more people are going to complain about you.

Stay away from my posts and opinions from here on out if you can't respect them as such. If not, this is the second time I'm telling you:

I will report you to the mods. Nothing personal. I'm just tired of the back and forth.

Thank you.

#97 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,889 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 12:50 AM

You have to admit though Ken, most of the time you're just battling with bunch of noobs... not to say that I don't admire you standing your ground. I also admire your passion for our team and enjoy reading your posts. But I do think you tend to jump on people and it only forces them to swing back. :/

Nonetheless it is entertaining for some of us to watch ya'll duke it out. :dance1:

Battling is one thing. Give and take is ok.

They started this with "you're condescending and arrogant" and calling me a "pedophile". That's not a battle. That's harassment. They are breaking the rules. I have no option but to follow suit or report them. I choose the latter if it continues.

#98 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted January 29, 2009 - 01:11 AM

Back on topic and stay on topic.

Stop the baiting and persona attacks. Attack the post, not the poster. If you have a problem with another member use the PM system, or contact a mod.

Posted Image
Why are some of you guys blaming Odom when the whole team played bad? Basketball is a team game and you win as a team and you lose as a team.

BTW, I don't hate Gasol. I like him and I know he can play better defense and step up when the game is close.

#99 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted January 29, 2009 - 01:15 AM

Battling is one thing. Give and take is ok.

They started this with "you're condescending and arrogant" and calling me a "pedophile". That's not a battle. That's harassment. They are breaking the rules. I have no option but to follow suit or report them. I choose the latter if it continues.

yea i hear ya dude... some people just thrive off on that kind of environment though... and they get off on it!

#100 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,889 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 01:16 AM

Why am I not surprised that LO was the scapegoat? Or that Nissan would point that out (just kidding, fam ;) )

There is no reason the Lakers should have been in that situation. Take care of the teams you're supposed to beat...

LAL top offense in the league.
CHAR bottom offense in the league.

But Charlotte held us to the avg for their opponents (93 in reg). That was the difference.

Edited by GCMD, January 29, 2009 - 01:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users