Photo

The Charlotte Game Reveals TWO things...

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#41 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 28, 2009 - 10:55 AM

yup...im not even trippin...that team just owns us for whatever reason

Kapau and Doc are trippin' for some reason. I'm stoked about the 6 game road trip personally. Let's hope the league doesn't wrongfully suspend Andrew though.

#42 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 28, 2009 - 12:05 PM

Kapau and Doc are trippin' for some reason. I'm stoked about the 6 game road trip personally. Let's hope the league doesn't wrongfully suspend Andrew though.

the exact same thoughts that flashed in my mind the moment wallace started rolling around on the floor
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#43 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 28, 2009 - 12:07 PM

the exact same thoughts that flashed in my mind the moment wallace started rolling around on the floor

Like I said, if they suspend Bynum, then they should suspend Morrison for going across Gasol's head.

#44 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted January 28, 2009 - 12:15 PM

Pau makes half the shots he missed [like he regularly does] and we blow them out. He just had some really unfortunate bounces last night. Nothing to do but move on... And yes, Kobe showed come clutch MVP basketball.

#45 KaPau

KaPau

Rookie

• 68 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Erving "Magic" Johnson

Posted January 28, 2009 - 12:15 PM

Sure, you might be a Lakers fan, just not a true one or one that any knowledgeable NBA fan would want to associate with.

Since you are so full of knowledge tell us oh great one what is a "true" fan in your opinion, someone like you, maybe everybody likes you because you are so full of knowledge and we the not so "true" fans are hated so much like you said because we disagree with oh great one.

Again he had an off night nobody is disagreeing with you, it's just an opinion, and nobody is tripping is just an OPINION, and it's just one game I'm just saying I wish he was more involve last night on defense since his offense was off, those that make sense oh great genius one....

Edited by KaPau, January 28, 2009 - 12:26 PM.

#46 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted January 28, 2009 - 12:41 PM

If Odom wasn't so unintelligent, if Gasol wasn't so soft, and if Fisher wasn't so slow, we'd be playing very good defense and would have a chance down the stretch.

You're right. We really suck. Time to blow up this team and start over.

#47 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,533 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 12:42 PM

I'll take Diaw chucking over 20 shots to get those 23 anyday. That was good defense.

yeah but he butchered countless layups that if he made he would have had 30 to 35 points
Posted Image

#48 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 12:47 PM

Lakers gave up 93 points to Charlotte (in regulation), which is their avg (per game).
Lakers were held to 93 points (in regulation) which is 14 LESS than their avg.

Charlotte is DEAD LAST in offensive output.
Lakers are #1 in offensive output.

Any given night, any team can go cold. It's your DEFENSE that defines you as a force to be reckoned with night in and night out.

I say this yesterday and get flamed for it.

Showing off your calculus IV again, eh doc? Your statistical analysis is crap. You want this team to be something they're not. They're not the Celtics. They're better. They're not built to hold teams to 85 points. They lost yesterday, and you think that proves your point. It does not. They need to be true to their nature. It's not as if they're the old Phoenix Suns that lived and died by their offense. The triangle is much more reliable and more immune to the negative effects of a cold shooting day. Thank god you're just a loud mouthed fan and not actually making decisions for the team. Otherwise, you'd probably pull a Steve Kerr, and the team would go down the tubes like the Suns did.

#49 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 28, 2009 - 12:47 PM

Like I said, if they suspend Bynum, then they should suspend Morrison for going across Gasol's head.

oh im not disagreeing wit ya WC...im just worried because pau played the rest of the game...jus read on BSPN that wallace has a partially collapsed lung
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#50 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 12:51 PM

oh im not disagreeing wit ya WC...im just worried because pau played the rest of the game...jus read on BSPN that wallace has a partially collapsed lung

The league should not have to decide suspensions based on who gets injured and who doesn't.

Showing off your calculus IV again, eh doc? Your statistical analysis is crap. You want this team to be something they're not. They're not the Celtics. They're better. They're not built to hold teams to 85 points. They lost yesterday, and you think that proves your point. It does not. They need to be true to their nature. It's not as if they're the old Phoenix Suns that lived and died by their offense. The triangle is much more reliable and more immune to the negative effects of a cold shooting day. Thank god you're just a loud mouthed fan and not actually making decisions for the team. Otherwise, you'd probably pull a Steve Kerr, and the team would go down the tubes like the Suns did.

Instead of calling out someone's post, how about you just respect it. You both have your opinions. Don't need to call someone else's information crap.

#51 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,533 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 12:54 PM

pau isn't soft against PFs who are for the most part finesse

its the physical defenders like perkins or okafor who give him trouble

lamar played great until that brain fart on defense and sasha didn't show up again like hes done all year probably should have resigned
Posted Image

#52 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 12:55 PM

Since you are so full of knowledge tell us oh great one what is a "true" fan in your opinion, someone like you, maybe everybody likes you because you are so full of knowledge and we the not so "true" fans are hated so much like you said because we disagree with oh great one.

Again he had an off night nobody is disagreeing with you, it's just an opinion, and nobody is tripping is just an OPINION, and it's just one game I'm just saying I wish he was more involve last night on defense since his offense was off, those that make sense oh great genius one....

Well, KaPau, in my opinion, your OPINION is not worthy of that of any Lakers fan who has watched the games this season. It's irrational and it makes you sound whiny. As Jim Rome would say, "Have a take and don't suck." You had a take, but frankly, it sucked.

I do appreciate you addressing me properly though. Thank you.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 28, 2009 - 12:55 PM.

#53 KaPau

KaPau

Rookie

• 68 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Erving "Magic" Johnson

Posted January 28, 2009 - 12:57 PM

Well, KaPau, in my opinion, your OPINION is not worthy of that of any Lakers fan who has watched the games this season. It's irrational and it makes you sound whiny. As Jim Rome would say, "Have a take and don't suck." You had a take, but frankly, it sucked.

I do appreciate you addressing me properly though. Thank you.

Hahahaha funny dude, I'm not trying to start a fight with you bro at all but ok whatever, hahahahaha too damn funny. Just quoting Jim Rome makes it even funnier.

#54 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 12:59 PM

The league should not have to decide suspensions based on who gets injured and who doesn't.

Instead of calling out someone's post, how about you just respect it. You both have your opinions. Don't need to call someone else's information crap.

What, and take all the fun out of this? Do you want us to be a bunch of droids or something? Great post, Scott P.

#55 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 01:03 PM

Holding a team to 93 points is acceptable. What prevents your team from getting cold is feeding a steady diet to your 7'2 280 lb center.

I also have NO damn idea why people are blaming Gasol for the loss. He limited Diaw to 23 points on 23 FGA. He basically turned him into a chucker. This isn't Gasol's fault. You sometimes have a bad offensive game but he did well on defense. What was wrong with this game was Fisher's continual refusal to feed Bynum. Period.

People blame Gasol because they expect perfection out of their heroes. It's pathetic, really. The guy's an all-star who had a bad shooting game. Laker haters call him Gasoft, and now alleged Laker fans on this forum repeat this slander. It's why I keep harping on "Faker" fans.

#56 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 01:03 PM

What, and take all the fun out of this? Do you want us to be a bunch of droids or something? Great post, Scott P.

You can have a good time discussing stuff. But calling other people's posts crap or calling someone names are ways people get banned or suspended. We don't want members to get suspended. Thats all im trying to prevent. Im not a mod, but I just dont want to see anyone suspended or banned. Thats all.

#57 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 01:04 PM

Hahahaha funny dude, I'm not trying to start a fight with you bro at all but ok whatever, hahahahaha too damn funny. Just quoting Jim Rome makes it even funnier.

KaPau, I'm not trying to start a fight with you, nor was I trying to be funny. After all, I am "Oh Great One" and can be funny when I so choose. And yes, you should learn from your superiors, much like the tutelage that Young Andrew if getting from Cap. You should try to absorb as much as you can from the likes of Scott P and Oh Great One. Hopefully, the switch will flip one day, much like it has with Young Andrew, and you will brush off an off night and move on.

P.S.- That was an attempt at humor. :dance1:

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 28, 2009 - 01:07 PM.

#58 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 01:05 PM

Offensively he had a bad game shooting 25% from the field specially when he has a good range from the post, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, that he had and off night offensively, but defensively he had a horrendous game, 23 points from Diaw was not good, second 1 freaking defensive rebound wth? against Diop and Diaw are you kidding me, no blocks 3 turnovers.

Gasol has been the most consistent but when you think that he will have a huge game against a so so team, he nevers shows up.

YOU'LL give him the benefit of the doubt? Your post screams Faker fan.

#59 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 01:09 PM

Meow. Kitty has claws.

I calls them as I sees them.

#60 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 01:10 PM

You can have a good time discussing stuff. But calling other people's posts crap or calling someone names are ways people get banned or suspended. We don't want members to get suspended. Thats all im trying to prevent. Im not a mod, but I just dont want to see anyone suspended or banned. Thats all.

No one is calling anyone any names as far as I can tell, WC21. Scott P actually complimented Doc and called him a genius as I recall. These are merely constructive criticisms of other people's opinions which is what this is all about. So with all due deference to your desire to have a vanilla forum, I respectfully disagree.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 28, 2009 - 01:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users