Photo

The Charlotte Game Reveals TWO things...

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#21 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 28, 2009 - 01:16 AM

I found this on another forum:

See imo Bynums continued success out weights this loss. There is a much larger picture than droping this game to these guys. Hell thats the last thing Im worried about. The most frightening thing to me is that Gasol folded under physical contact again. If Bynum plays at a high level like he has been the last 4 games......we can play anybody, anytime, anyplace.

I completely agree with this...

And I completely laughed at this response:

Except an 18-26 team at home, apparently.

:lol:

#22 LP_18

LP_18

Sasha's favorite

• 1,856 posts
  • Name:Lisa
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha!

Posted January 28, 2009 - 01:17 AM

If Odom wasn't so unintelligent, if Gasol wasn't so soft, and if Fisher wasn't so slow, we'd be playing very good defense and would have a chance down the stretch.

i agree with all of that.
and if bynum keeps this up.

QUOTE (MDI @ Mar 19 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when did sash turn into kobe ? WTF?

TEAM SASHA!
TEAM PAU PAU!

#23 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 02:12 AM

Gasol disappeared. Radman was worthless.

#24 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,779 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 28, 2009 - 02:47 AM

Lakers gave up 93 points to Charlotte (in regulation), which is their avg (per game).
Lakers were held to 93 points (in regulation) which is 14 LESS than their avg.

Charlotte is DEAD LAST in offensive output.
Lakers are #1 in offensive output.

Any given night, any team can go cold. It's your DEFENSE that defines you as a force to be reckoned with night in and night out.

I say this yesterday and get flamed for it.

Edited by GCMD, January 28, 2009 - 02:48 AM.

#25 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted January 28, 2009 - 02:49 AM

I found this on another forum:

I completely agree with this...

And I completely laughed at this response:

:lol:

Chris, that's exactly the point of my thread... the BIG picture. I am NOT worried about the Lakers. We had an offnight... but Bynum's performance tonight was promising. I'm so excited to see Andrew back you have no idea... it's so much fun to watch this guy get better and better...

#26 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,779 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 02:55 AM

LD2k,

I was never worried about Bynum...

The triangle looks MUCH better now. So that's ok.
Kobe's playing well, finding his offense while getting everybody else involved.
Pau and Bynum are finding their way in their new roles.

Our biggest problem is we don't play defense at a high level on a consistent basis. Dropping this game means little. It is the fruit of a problem that has neither started here, nor will it be solved here.

In truth, the offense needed attention. They spent the time on it and now it looks good. I don't think our defense will stay this inconsistent. When we peak offensively, I can see the defense stepping up when we need it most (hopefully). We have the athletes...just not the commitment.

#27 KaPau

KaPau

Rookie

• 68 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Erving "Magic" Johnson

Posted January 28, 2009 - 07:09 AM

We needed Pau to contribute, and plus Sasha and Farmar was off tonight, Fish saved us in 4th, Kobe saved us in 1st OT. we didnt take 2nd OT. and thats it.

Can't argue with this main reason we lost, Gasol just didn't come to play look at his box score, I can't stand the guy sometimes, he should have killed them but instead he forgot to take the bed covers off.

Box Score

Field Goals 4-16
Rebounds:6 Off 1 Dev 7 Total

Are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!, you get 6 offensive rebounds and you only get 10 pts, defensively he was nowhere to be found.

#28 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 28, 2009 - 07:38 AM

You guys are missing the big picture. Bynum was dominating early and then we went away from him. We have a tendency to not take full advantage of a player getting hot. If we kept on feeding the beast we would have won the game. This should have been another 40 point game for Bynum. Instead it's an loss. Feed the post with no remorse. Stop chucking!
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#29 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 07:42 AM

Lakers gave up 93 points to Charlotte (in regulation), which is their avg (per game).

Any given night, any team can go cold. It's your DEFENSE that defines you as a force to be reckoned with night in and night out.

Holding a team to 93 points is acceptable. What prevents your team from getting cold is feeding a steady diet to your 7'2 280 lb center.

I also have NO damn idea why people are blaming Gasol for the loss. He limited Diaw to 23 points on 23 FGA. He basically turned him into a chucker. This isn't Gasol's fault. You sometimes have a bad offensive game but he did well on defense. What was wrong with this game was Fisher's continual refusal to feed Bynum. Period.

#30 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 28, 2009 - 07:52 AM

Will we ever beat those freaking Bobcats?

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#31 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 28, 2009 - 08:09 AM

It's a new day, Doc, and time for a new torching. You were wrong yesterday and remain stubbornly skewed today. You conveniently cherry pick last night's game to "prove" your point. The problem is that Calculus IV has caused you to think too much in the abstract and that you have a difficult time focusing on the big picture.

This was a meaningless regular season game, just like I said after the loss down the stretch at Staples last year. I don't know how long you have been watching sports in general, Doc, but there are certain teams that just happen to play well against other teams. It's inexplicable. For example, the Jets and Dolphins seem to always play each other tough regardless of how the teams' overall records are. Yeah, I know, I can't comprehend what you are saying about DEFENSE and how Charlotte is a weak offensive team, blah, blah, blah. Actually, they play slow down ball much like Larry Brown's Pistons did which limits the number of possessions, but let's not discuss that.

This game actually was meaningful in a positive way as a previous poster indicated. This represented the continued evolution of Andrew Bynum, which in and of itself was more important than the loss. Gasol had an off night, Steve Javie & Co. had it in for Kobe, Ariza went out early, and, as I said before, the Bobcats seem to have our number and deserved the win anyway.

Our defense will be fine, Doc, and we can beat any team, anywhere ... ok, except maybe not the Bobcats at Staples Center and the Trail Blazers at the Rose Garden.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 28, 2009 - 11:35 AM.

#32 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,672 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 28, 2009 - 08:49 AM

Pau has been the most consistent player, he has a bad game, and he is soft again? Come on!
Posted Image

#33 KaPau

KaPau

Rookie

• 68 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:07 AM

Offensively he had a bad game shooting 25% from the field specially when he has a good range from the post, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, that he had and off night offensively, but defensively he had a horrendous game, 23 points from Diaw was not good, second 1 freaking defensive rebound wth? against Diop and Diaw are you kidding me, no blocks 3 turnovers.

Gasol has been the most consistent but when you think that he will have a huge game against a so so team, he nevers shows up.

#34 destiny-dynasty

destiny-dynasty

Rookie

• 368 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:07 AM

I just want to know why there was that late substitution (I think 3 minutes in the OT) of bynum by gasol. Even the announcers said it was a strange substitution. The lakers were up by 6 or so and in control and bynum was playing like a beast, then Phil put in Gasol and it all went down from there. :angry: Obviously not the reason why we lost the game, but still....why? :blink:

#35 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:38 AM

Offensively he had a bad game shooting 25% from the field specially when he has a good range from the post, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, that he had and off night offensively, but defensively he had a horrendous game, 23 points from Diaw was not good, second 1 freaking defensive rebound wth? against Diop and Diaw are you kidding me, no blocks 3 turnovers.

Gasol has been the most consistent but when you think that he will have a huge game against a so so team, he nevers shows up.

This is exactly why people hate Lakers fans. In one game Pau went from the team's "MVP" to a horrible defensive liability. HE HAD AN OFF NIGHT!!! There are 82 regular season games which become an afterthought as soon as the opening tip of Game 1, Round 1, of the playoffs. A true fan wouldn't come down so critically on Pau Gasol in this meaningless regular season game and would just say that he had an off night instead of nitpicking. 3 turnovers. Whoop-dee-doo. A true Lakers fan would still be thanking Mitch Kupchak for this brilliant acquisition and would be making his case of why Gasol should be an all-star this year.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 28, 2009 - 09:39 AM.

#36 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,672 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:40 AM

Gasol had a very bad night, he has admitted that, but if you want to think he is soft and a liability... Each person has his opinion. But this isn't the end of the season.
Posted Image

#37 KaPau

KaPau

Rookie

• 68 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:50 AM

This is exactly why people hate Lakers fans. In one game Pau went from the team's "MVP" to a horrible defensive liability. HE HAD AN OFF NIGHT!!! There are 82 regular season games which become an afterthought as soon as the opening tip of Game 1, Round 1, of the playoffs. A true fan wouldn't come down so critically on Pau Gasol in this meaningless regular season game and would just say that he had an off night instead of nitpicking. 3 turnovers. Whoop-dee-doo. A true Lakers fan would still be thanking Mitch Kupchak for this brilliant acquisition and would be making his case of why Gasol should be an all-star this year.

I agree he had an off night nobody is denying that, what I'm saying is defensively he needs to step up that's it he has been the most consistent player for the team, but when you think he will have a monster game against so so teams he is nowhere to be found for whatever reason.

And somebody having an opinion doesn't making him a bad laker fan, now that is a ridiculous statement by itself. People hate laker fans because of the team we cheer for, not because of an opinion. If you are trying to say to me that I'm a band wagoner, you have a long way to know me before you make a statement like that.

#38 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 10:02 AM

I agree he had an off night nobody is denying that, what I'm saying is defensively he needs to step up that's it he has been the most consistent player for the team, but when you think he will have a monster game against so so teams he is nowhere to be found for whatever reason.

And somebody having an opinion doesn't making him a bad laker fan, now that is a ridiculous statement by itself. People hate laker fans because of the team we cheer for, not because of an opinion. If you are trying to say to me that I'm a band wagoner, you have a long way to know me before you make a statement like that.

HE HAD AN OFF NIGHT. Sure, you might be a Lakers fan, just not a true one or one that any knowledgeable NBA fan would want to associate with. Or maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps you are a "true" one; it's the "true" one who doesn't appreciate the product that we are watching and that is why we're so despised. I never said that you weren't entitled to your opinion; all I said is that people like you give the rest of us a bad name. Opine away, baby! Bandwagoner??? Maybe you should Google that term because it doesn't apply. In fact, let me help you: http://www.urbandict...erm=bandwagoner

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 28, 2009 - 10:21 AM.

#39 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 10:13 AM

I'll take Diaw chucking over 20 shots to get those 23 anyday. That was good defense.

#40 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 10:50 AM

Oh it also revealed a third thing...

The Lakers franchise has a losing record against two teams

:blink:

LINK

yup...im not even trippin...that team just owns us for whatever reason
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users