#1 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 26, 2009 - 12:52 AM

Afterward, Popovich stood outside the Spurs’ locker room, preparing to field questions when Gasol cut through the scrum of reporters and photographers on his way to an interview.

“The guy is going to kick our ass,” Popovich deadpanned, “and then come in the middle of my news conference?”

If their latest outing was any indication, the Lakers figure to turn the West race into their own joke. Bynum has now strung together three impressive performances, putting up 42 points and 15 boards against the Los Angeles Clippers, and 23 and 14 against the Washington Wizards in his previous two games. Taking advantage of DeAndre Jordan is one thing; holding his own against Duncan is another. Bynum made the future Hall of Famer work for his points, even throwing back one of his shots, and when Bynum sealed him off late in the third quarter to intercept a deflected pass, Duncan grabbed the Lakers center in frustration for his fourth foul. Duncan went to the bench, where he stayed for the rest of game.

“He’s got a big body and defensively I thought he was effective,” Duncan said, “but I don’t know that he was much better than he ever was before.”

LINK

#2 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,918 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 26, 2009 - 12:20 PM

Sorry, but I love Pop - the guy is a great coach with a perfect attitude about everything surrounding the game.

My favorite quote he had was at the end of the 3rd quarter during one game last year. He was asked about what the Spurs can do to turn things around after a terrible quarter.

Pop's response: "Score more points than they do.", then walked away in the middle of the person asking the next question.

That and the Hack-A-Shaq thing he did in the first minute of the game versus Phoenix this year were both classic moments.

I still have no problem with any of the Spurs. Duncan sounds a bit flabbergasted by Andrew. I guarantee you he doesn't know what to make of him. Andrew has kind of burst out of nowhere lately. Bynum stifled Duncan on both ends a heck of a lot that game - that had to surprise him.

#3 purple_and_gold_fever

purple_and_gold_fever

Sixth Man

• 3,810 posts

Posted January 26, 2009 - 12:29 PM

I could never hate the Spurs. They're too classy. lol

See if Doc Rivers and KG said those things, I'd probably still hate them. Or any of the Suns. Or Shaq.

#4 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 26, 2009 - 12:39 PM

I have a lot of respect for Pop as well.

Before yesterdays game, Pop was the only coach that Phil Jackson had a losing record to at 17-18. With the win its 18-18 but it shows the battles that the Spurs and Lakers have over the years with these two guys coaching.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users