1) KG fouled out because he swatted Fish like he was a fly. Phil did that?
That's a no-call 90% of the time. Ball is free and they both are battling for it? I've seen harder fouls not called in Church-League Basketball.
That was a reputation call. KG's not Fish. KG has gotten a rep for picking on little guys. When Phil called out the refs, that's the first thing they were going to be sensitive to.
2) He notoriously disappears down the stretch of games, including a refusal to pound it inside. Before the McKale gift to Ainge and the Chowds, he couldn't even get to the NBA Finals, and that's even when he won the MVP and had Sam Cassell and Latrell Sprewell playing with him at the top of their games.
The Lakers got some questionable calls during that series...Malone was far from 100% and the T-Wolves were playing really good ball. Sam Cassell was SCORCHING everybody at PG.
KG may have missed a shot or 2 but that's far from choking. He was in there fighting to the end and he was a gracious loser. Choking is what Malone did against MJ more than once. And missing fts at the end of a game when you've play 43-47 minutes is not unheard of. There is something called fatigue that factors into it.
As for refusing to bang in the paint: so what? He had a money mid range J and was an elite post defender/anchor. You can't seriously claim that made him a choker. If so, 70% of PFs today are chokers. We are lucky to have a PF who can do both.
3) Facts, not vitriol.
Not even the slightest?
If KG is a choker, what is Lamar? You more accurately described LAMAR than KG. A perennial AllStar? DPOY? MVP?
Your facts are skewed by something. Call it vitriol or call it bias. No need to put KG down to make the Lakers look any better.
4) I agree he's a first ballot HOFer and one of the greatest PFs of all time. Just like A-Rod (until 2 days ago at least) They are both great. They are both chokes.
Agree to disagree.
5) I agree that the Lakers would have creamed them without KG. Or Ray Allen. Or Paul Pierce. Both of those guys are probably first ballot HOFers, too. They almost didn't make it past ATL with KG. Kind of says it all right there.
Neither Ray Allen NOR PP are first ballot HOFers. Just like Chauncey is not. Nor Rip. Nor Ben Wallace.
Finals MVP? DPOY? Championship? Takes more than that to be a first ballot HOFer...KG?
top 5 at his position for his entire career
AND a Ring
That's why he's a first ballot HOFer.
Without KG, the Celtics DEFENSE is average. Without him, LBJ or Chauncey or JJ pick the Celts apart. That's the difference.
6) Just because he had a thing for Mrs. Doc doesn't mean you have to distort who KG is, Doc. Did she put you up to this?
No, Ken. She didn't even tell me. Her little cousin told me. She says he always looked ashy and stink in high school (she's picky).
I'm not distorting KG. We HATE the Celts. As KG is their best all around and most important player (IMHO), he draws the ire of much of our hate. But when it comes down to it, he's a great player...big mouth, cocky, arrogant? Yes. But the same can be said about Kobe...and is.