#3 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 25, 2009 - 06:18 PM

I told my friends today they would man handle the Spurs and send a message.

We've now beaten the Spurs, Cavs & Celtics. Not bad at all.

#4 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted January 25, 2009 - 06:20 PM

I told my friends today they would man handle the Spurs and send a message.

We've now beaten the Spurs, Cavs & Celtics. Not bad at all.

Now we just gotta win some games against good teams on the road. We lost to the Spurs, Hornets, and Magic on the road. Winning those tough road games is where you see if your at that Championship level.

#5 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted January 25, 2009 - 06:26 PM

Now we just gotta win some games against good teams on the road. We lost to the Spurs, Hornets, and Magic on the road. Winning those tough road games is where you see if your at that Championship level.

We didn't lose to the Hornets on the road - we lost to them at home. We beat them in the road.

Spurs was an aberration due to bad calls imo and Magic game could've gone either way with one shot going in from Sasha.

But I agree, this upcoming 6-game roadie will tell us lots.

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted January 25, 2009 - 06:30 PM

We didn't lose to the Hornets on the road - we lost to them at home. We beat them in the road.

Spurs was an aberration due to bad calls imo and Magic game could've gone either way with one shot going in from Sasha.

But I agree, this upcoming 6-game roadie will tell us lots.

Oh whoops thats right. My bad.

But the upcoming six game road trip will be a lot of fun. We will see how the Lakers are at the middle of the season.

I would like to go 6-0 on the road trip obviously. New York, Toronto, Boston, and Cleveland will be tough. I would love for the Celtics to have another winning streak when we come into town so we can end it again. And then end the Cavs home undefeated record.

We'll see what happens. The Lakers have everyone back now so its going to be a joy to watch.

#7 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted January 25, 2009 - 06:33 PM

Oh whoops thats right. My bad.

But the upcoming six game road trip will be a lot of fun. We will see how the Lakers are at the middle of the season.

I would like to go 6-0 on the road trip obviously. New York, Toronto, Boston, and Cleveland will be tough. I would love for the Celtics to have another winning streak when we come into town so we can end it again. And then end the Cavs home undefeated record.

We'll see what happens. The Lakers have everyone back now so its going to be a joy to watch.

I have to double check but I believe we play the Celtics on the 2nd night of a back 2 back (Raptors/Celtics).

This will be tough, but I'm ready...

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted January 25, 2009 - 06:36 PM

I have to double check but I believe we play the Celtics on the 2nd night of a back 2 back (Raptors/Celtics).

This will be tough, but I'm ready...

Yeah I forgot to mention that in my post. The Celtics is the 2nd of a back to back. But the Lakers have played pretty well on the 2nd of back to backs this season. The only loss was to the Spurs in SA.

#9 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,341 posts

Posted January 25, 2009 - 07:26 PM

I'm so freaking mad I had to work so I missed this game and didn't want to have to wait until 1:30 AM to finish watching the replay. Bought NBA League Pass and I can't see the damn game because of a blackout. Effing amazing, man.

#10 Vibe

Vibe

On top of the world

• 149 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 25, 2009 - 09:28 PM

That was the first real thing BSPN has ever said.

#11 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,923 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 25, 2009 - 10:24 PM

The thing is that with a good majority of the Lakers' losses its been the Lakers letting a game go more than just being flat out beat.

Sure, they've lost some games outright, but for the most part its been a Laker defensive letdown or complacency on the offensive end that's lost games (i.e. - Orlando and San Antonio recently).

LD2K's right. There's few to maybe no other teams that ca nsay they've beaten the Cavs, Celtics and Spurs this year - and all of them in convincing fashion.

Yes its absolutely about how you perform against the lesser teams as well and consistency of play. However, in the long run (or playoffs particularly) knowing how to beat those elite teams is where the cash is made.

Bottom line is today was a great win and a seriously smoothly played game by the Lakers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users