Photo

Jason Kidd: 'I Would Like To Play Until I'm 40'

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,629 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted January 25, 2009 - 03:44 PM

Posted Image

Dallas point guard Jason Kidd said in an interview with HoopsHype last week that he would like to play basketball until he's 40.

"I feel sore sometimes in the morning, but that happens at any age. I feel I can still compete," Kidd, who will turn 36 in March, said. "I feel good mentally and physically, I still feel I can play at a high level.

"I would like to play maybe until I'm 40. I feel great, but we'll see how that goes. But I would stop at 40. No smalls, no little guys have played until 40, so that would be a great accomplishment."

http://hoopshype.com...idd_woelfel.htm

#2 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 25, 2009 - 07:55 PM

in short, i will be the lakers`starting pg next year, fish grease slips to third, sorry odom but powell takes`your job and j-kidd plays for a cool mill....MARK IT DOWN
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#3 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted January 26, 2009 - 12:19 AM

If there's anyone who can play that long and maintain that high level of play it's J-Kidd. I hope he comes back home to Cali once his contract is over and in my opinion it's a high possibility.

Made By Vaporize

#4 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 26, 2009 - 05:46 PM

in short, i will be the lakers`starting pg next year, fish grease slips to third, sorry odom but powell takes`your job and j-kidd plays for a cool mill....MARK IT DOWN

Farmar > Kidd in the Tri
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#5 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 26, 2009 - 06:18 PM

Farmar > Kidd in the Tri

no doubt, though Farmar is basically similar to kidd in style...Phil sped up areas of the offense as a result of Farmar's skillset, and with J-kidd's three point shot improved, they are about equal long distance shooters. Plus defensively J-kidd is better and he gets the ball in the right spots. He can make gasol and Bynum look even better in 4, 6-minute spurts
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#6 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 26, 2009 - 07:45 PM

If Kidd joins the Lakers, he will be on the 2nd unit, because as a starter he would be pulling a Gary Payton...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users