77 replies to this topic

#61 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 26, 2009 - 07:25 PM

The only thing that bothers me about getting badmouthed is, sometimes it's for no reason at all. Just so you can feel like more of a man inside, I'm guessing? Some people just have the nerve to kick other teams down just cause they feel like they can.

For the record, the Clippers is my 2nd most hated team behind Boston...

Especially when they had that winning season (05-06), when the Clipperland was in full force... Self-proclaiming they are the new LA's hometown... Ugh, that felt worse than the 2004 Finals... It's like having root canal without anesthesia...

Whether they are 82-0 or 0-82 it doesn't matter... Same thing with Boston, Utah, Sacramento, Denver, etc...

This just adds to my "why I hate the Clippers" list...

No offense.
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#62 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted January 26, 2009 - 07:29 PM

Especially when they had that winning season (05-06), when the Clipperland was in full force... Self-proclaiming they are the new LA's hometown... Ugh, that felt worse than the 2004 Finals... It's like having root canal without anesthesia...

Whether they are 82-0 or 0-82 it doesn't matter... Same thing with Boston, Utah, Sacramento, Denver, etc...

No offense.

i never hated the clippers till that season

i mean they win 47 games and we win 45 and all the hiding clipper fans came out proclaiming themselves to be slowly working themselves in as LAs team and how their franchise then was better than ours at the time

yet it took us 3 1/2 years to rebuild into a contender they have never been a contender

i don't even think they have a hall of fame player to their name or a retired jersey

yet they gave us all crap then only to not even make the postseason the next season

thats when i started hating them before i was completely indifferent against them but those fans made a hater out of me
Posted Image

#63 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 26, 2009 - 08:06 PM

yeah i used to like the clippers (due to my love for LA), but after that season where all the clipper fans were talking crap (it happend so much) i started to hate them too (im not assuming TCI or a dude like clipper daryl would do it but it happend) ... as my friend said the other day when i was at the lakers/clippers game (which felt like a laker home game btw), the country of canada has more flags in the staples center than the clippers do
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#64 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted January 26, 2009 - 08:12 PM

I gave my views earlier-

:)

..............I am asking for specifics on THAT PLAY. The clippers player jumping for the rebound into odom at the same time when odom as skying for the rebound and flush.

#65 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted January 27, 2009 - 07:42 AM

No offense.

Who cares about one season, you guys really let that get to you?

No offense friends, but it seems like teams really get under your skin in very short time.. Like the Suns in the playoffs.. Boston RECENTLY, I say that because I know Laker fans have a grudge against Boston but most fans nowadays who hate Boston (MOST fans) weren't even alive during the rivalry back in the day.

Just let the Lakers game talk for you.

If you want me to be honest, I used to be a huge Laker hater in the early 2000's. You know why? The fans.

Every team's fans can get under your skin. You just have to put it past you and look ahead for YOUR TEAM. That's what I did and I like the Lakers now.

You know why the Clippers bragged so much when they won? When true fans stick with their team, and it's a HORRIBLE team, having a winning season is like WOWWW FINALLY! Especially when you get within 1 game of the Western Conference Finals, when the guys in the Purple and Gold's fans used to mock you and laugh at you for so long. It just felt good to be there, and all of a sudden you hate us cause we did better for ONE year and were happy about it.

Doesn't seem justified to me.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#66 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted January 27, 2009 - 07:44 AM

..............I am asking for specifics on THAT PLAY. The clippers player jumping for the rebound into odom at the same time when odom as skying for the rebound and flush.

Naw man that had nothing to do with it. Thornton's hip hit him- no contact there. He held it like a good 3 or 4 seconds. The only other reasonable explanation I can think of is that he was wearing a cup and it slid down by accident or something? And even that seems illogical. And Lamar does stuff like that, ESPECIALLY against the Clippers who he has a grudge against. It's cool though, that's what makes Lamar, Lamar.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#67 lyk13

lyk13

• 4,722 posts

Posted January 27, 2009 - 07:58 AM

Naw man that had nothing to do with it. Thornton's hip hit him- no contact there. He held it like a good 3 or 4 seconds. The only other reasonable explanation I can think of is that he was wearing a cup and it slid down by accident or something? And even that seems illogical. And Lamar does stuff like that, ESPECIALLY against the Clippers who he has a grudge against. It's cool though, that's what makes Lamar, Lamar.

No....contact?

In any case, Stu reviewed that and until now, there's no official notice of whether that is legit or not.

But you say NO CONTACT?

Ppl here should review that play using ur dvr or highlights film or something, there SHOULD be contact.

#68 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted January 27, 2009 - 10:35 AM

LMAO, that was an epic fail

I typed that before I went to school, that was at like 7:15 AM -_- I wasn't even awake enough to realize how stupid I sound.

I meant he didn't hit his balls. Saying that he was grabbing his balls in pain doesn't defend his case very well.. In that case when he fell down he would've held it too, or at least looked like he was in pain. Either way the hit wasn't "sharp" enough to make it hurt.

I don't buy into that excuse, I actually think a better excuse would just be that he held it accidentally. Sure it sounds stupid but he might have just put it there by accident without meaning anything. But chances are he did, why does everyone care about it so much? Why does the Clippers organization care so much to report it, and why do Lakers fans care so much to defend it? This is Lamar Odom we're talking about. This stuff happens. Trust me I know. My favorite team kinda drafted him remember? :)

#69 eduardozamudiop

eduardozamudiop

2009 & 2010 NBA Champions Baby !

• 516 posts
  • Fan Since:Since Kobe & Shaq dinasty
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted January 27, 2009 - 11:04 AM

Come on Lakers are better than Clippers ! lol

#70 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts

Posted January 27, 2009 - 12:44 PM

I said "S-P-E-C-I-A-L-L-Y" that year. Meaning,I hate the LA Clippers since they existed. When I said 2nd most hated, I thought that was pretty self-explanatory...

Maybe his crotch was just itching... LOL. Damnit Lamar, scratch that [expletive] somewhere else, and spare us the details...

Edited by Avtomat Kalashnikov, January 27, 2009 - 12:53 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#71 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted January 27, 2009 - 01:42 PM

I said "S-P-E-C-I-A-L-L-Y" that year. Meaning,I hate the LA Clippers since they existed. When I said 2nd most hated, I thought that was pretty self-explanatory...

Maybe his crotch was just itching... LOL. Damnit Lamar, scratch that [expletive] somewhere else, and spare us the details...

Ah. Okay, I understand.

That's your choice, I have no say in that. Cool man

#72 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts

Posted January 27, 2009 - 02:31 PM

Hey, don't get me wrong, I don't hate you or something.

We're cool. :)
Karl Marx

#73 LakersQueen24

LakersQueen24

Rookie

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted January 27, 2009 - 02:33 PM

Oh well.

What's the difference between that, and the Sam Cassell dance? Both could be deemed inappropriate.

kobe did the dance too Mas Huevos!!!

#74 mlj0820

mlj0820

Rookie

• 442 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 27, 2009 - 02:51 PM

Atleast he didn't grab anyone elses crotch.....
haha

TEAM FARMAR

#75 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted January 27, 2009 - 06:14 PM

Hey, don't get me wrong, I don't hate you or something.

We're cool. :)

For sure brother

I don't hate people who hate the Clippers... To be honest I would hate too many people in LA if I did because there are so many of 'em :/

Haha. :)

#76 lyk13

lyk13

• 4,722 posts

Posted January 27, 2009 - 07:20 PM

LMAO, that was an epic fail

I typed that before I went to school, that was at like 7:15 AM -_- I wasn't even awake enough to realize how stupid I sound.

I meant he didn't hit his balls. Saying that he was grabbing his balls in pain doesn't defend his case very well.. In that case when he fell down he would've held it too, or at least looked like he was in pain. Either way the hit wasn't "sharp" enough to make it hurt.

I don't buy into that excuse, I actually think a better excuse would just be that he held it accidentally. Sure it sounds stupid but he might have just put it there by accident without meaning anything. But chances are he did, why does everyone care about it so much? Why does the Clippers organization care so much to report it, and why do Lakers fans care so much to defend it? This is Lamar Odom we're talking about. This stuff happens. Trust me I know. My favorite team kinda drafted him remember? :)

I didn't say he grabbed his balls in pain. He did get hit at that area...it's not pain, it's just uneasiness to say the least probably. He still hung on to it after dropping to the floor...

I heck what happened to LO with the Clippers organization...I'm just trying to see what is right in front of my eyes.

Clippers player is jumping upwards or backwards, LO is jumping forward....if that doesn't instigate a bump right at that area or the body, I'd say shenanigans.

You know I'm always cool with you TCI, but really...the truth is as simple as that.

#77 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted January 27, 2009 - 11:39 PM

I didn't say he grabbed his balls in pain. He did get hit at that area...it's not pain, it's just uneasiness to say the least probably. He still hung on to it after dropping to the floor...

I heck what happened to LO with the Clippers organization...I'm just trying to see what is right in front of my eyes.

Clippers player is jumping upwards or backwards, LO is jumping forward....if that doesn't instigate a bump right at that area or the body, I'd say shenanigans.

You know I'm always cool with you TCI, but really...the truth is as simple as that.

Yeah but if that was the truth that's what would be said. He didn't mention that, nor did anyone else. That's just a guess- you and me both can't predict exactly what happened. Lamar HAS done that before, I wish I could supply you with a clip but I've seen him do it before.

Just because he has done it before doesn't mean I know what it means though. Heck, it could be a sign, a shout out to one of his buddies watching him on TV or something (kinda like Tim Thomas' thing he does on his face after made shots- that's a shout out to his rapper friend). We don't know.

#78 lyk13

lyk13

• 4,722 posts

Posted February 02, 2009 - 08:43 PM

Avoided the forums after a loss. Just a reply here for TCI, not meant to avoid the issue, but yeah OK I understand it.

Anyway, it's a non-issue now. Peace TCI. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users