Photo

Don Nelson: I Can't Be Myself Anymore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,616 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted January 23, 2009 - 07:02 PM

Posted Image

The 2008-09 season has been rough on Don Nelson, but the way he's been portrayed in the media may be his biggest disappointment.

"I tell you what's been disappointing," said Nelson. T"hat I can't be myself anymore. That I have to be careful what I say because everybody reads so much into whatever it is I try to be honest about that I can't even talk about things that I used to. I used to be very free with the media. Very open, free and honest, and I'm not allowed to do that anymore. That's probably the worst thing that's happened."

Nelson has been criticized for somehow having a role in forcing out Chris Mullin, who is almost certainly finished in the Warriors' front office when his contract comes up.

"That really hurts him because it's not true at all," Joy Nelson said. "It's not like if somebody has an opinion on something. There's no basis in fact there."

http://www.sacbee.co...ry/1567364.html

#2 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted January 24, 2009 - 12:37 AM

LOL AT THE PICTURE.. Wow. A little more than my eyes wanted to see.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#3 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,662 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 24, 2009 - 04:42 AM

quite provacative

Posted Image

#4 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,981 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 24, 2009 - 11:46 AM

With so many media outlets today its been great for the fans to be able to dig deeper into things, but its also forced honesty into a hole and has bred cliche's more than ever before.

I understand what Nelson is saying. There's always eyes on you somewhere and that can be aggravating. Everyone blows everything out of proportion nowadays. Thick skins and tongue in cheek attitudes are slowly fading and that's pretty sad.

On the other hand - its time to admit you're a 3x Don.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users