bernzter

Rookie

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name:Bernz
  • Fan Since:Since I was born about 1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 22, 2009 - 01:08 AM

It's easy to overestimate any opponent, anyone of us are guilty of that. But that isn't how reality is. It comes with hard work to achieve that.

Even I think Lakers WILL win, I'd have to say lakers should win due to matchups. I saw Camby slug it out on the boards in the absence of key players, that showed me otherwise. Pity he went down too...

When others are underestimating your team, no way you will back down. Stay strong dude, also because of what I see in your posts that I gain much respect for the Clippers. To say the truth, Clips have the pieces, but just ain't fit to be on the court at the same time. /pat ;)

That's true... The Clips are a very good team... They just have to be healthy all together... It will come... and once that day shows up... Their opponents better be ready as they get their "bummage Kicked from behind them" (I kinda like that quote...).

Stay true, stay positive Mr TCI and you'll heap your just rewards in the end...

#222 bernzter

bernzter

Rookie

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted January 22, 2009 - 01:12 AM

awesome game

bynum 42 pts that was nice! kobe is not the same kobe i know tho not taking that many shots hmm

oh well great game tho :D

Kobe paced himself real well during the game and rightly so, he currently has only 8 healthy fingers for the next game and he has to have all 10 to get the Spurs blunted after the Wizards...

Nice game for DrewBy... he just has to have more consistency... I'll take this win anyday...

Just on a side note though, I wonder if Pau liked it when he wasn't getting most of the ball cake today? Anyways, I hope that all works well for the Purple and Gold in the future and this could be just another stepping stone for the best team in the league, and we're still not 100% fit as a team!!!

Go Lakers!!!
Peace!

#223 bernzter

bernzter

Rookie

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted January 22, 2009 - 01:16 AM

Great game guys...

I tip my hat. Simply put, the better team won. Which was no surprise with how many players the Clippers were missing today... Did you know the Clippers had a TOTAL of $10.3 million worth of players on the court today? As in the WHOLE team combined cost 10.3 mil. Lakers had 3 players who make more than that ALONE, and Kobe himself makes DOUBLE that.

Either way, the utmost respect to the Laker fans who said that this game shouldn't be overlooked, and major props to the ones who gave the Clips respect today.

Bynum had a good game. Nothing to take away from his performance but Brian Skinner never played before when we were healthy and DeAndre Jordan (who had a HELL of a game by the way) who was on the inactive list until our injuries. Why did I seemingly degrade Bynum's performance with that last sentence? So that I can direct you to the real impact of this game for him. More than "WOW BYNUM TORCHED THEM FOR 42" you should be thinking "YES Bynum finally achieved the milestone of 40- no matter who it was against." This game is going to be HUGE for his confidence. I don't care if he even did it against the D-League, it's something he REALLY needed for his confidence.

I hope you guys realized that you can't expect blowouts for every game. No matter who you're playing against. These guys are all NBA players, even if they're supposed to be rotting on the end of the bench.

I'm so happy to see DeAndre do good- I was telling LD2k, he finally got off the inactive list when Kaman got injured. He would come in for the last like 37 seconds of the game and I would sit there, HOPING and PRAYING that he would have just ONE put back dunk or alley oop. Now here he is scoring 23 points, 11-12 fg, 12 boards and 4 blocks against the best team in the NBA? Wow. I was really happy and impressed.

Anyways great game guys, hopefully the Clippers can lock and load and charge their weapons for the next showdown.

Good night Laker Nation :)

True that Mr TCI:

With that new firepower coming off your bench you now have a legitimate good 2nd unit... If they played like this against all of the other teams and if your four bests are 100%... Another tough team for the west...

Keep on keeping on...

Peace

#224 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted January 22, 2009 - 01:19 AM

True that Mr TCI:

With that new firepower coming off your bench you now have a legitimate good 2nd unit... If they played like this against all of the other teams and if your four bests are 100%... Another tough team for the west...

Keep on keeping on...

Peace

Thanks alot for your posts man, lots of respect for fans that have respect for my team :)

I really enjoyed the game tonight. Me and LD2k were having alot of fun watching it.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#225 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted January 22, 2009 - 02:01 AM

Clippers played very well and very hard. I just got done doing highlights - so damn many. That game had more dunks than I have ever seen in my life. I think it could be close or be a new NBA record for most dunks in one game. Also, Gordon did a great job tonight CREATING (something that people have questioned) for others - including setting up lob after lob for Jordan. Good stuff for Clipps fans.

Bynum worked his behind off though to get his 42. I hope this is what comes out of it:

Great game for both sides, Clippers have NOTHING to hang there heads about, they'll get a lotto pick in addition to a banged up team who will become healthy come next season and then it's playoff time. Their second unit looks fantastic.

#226 GinzyVee

GinzyVee

Clutch

• 1,969 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted January 22, 2009 - 03:55 AM

BYNUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#227 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts