Jordan Ahead Of Schedule, Luke Activated

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 hype

hype

says hi!

• 3,739 posts

Posted January 20, 2009 - 05:46 PM

i really dont want luke to go back to starting. i dont think he deserves to start.

we've always played well with him in the starting 5, much better than Radman at least. Ariza has always been better off the bench anyway. And just because Luke starts doesn't mean he plays that many minutes.

#22 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,341 posts

Posted January 20, 2009 - 10:08 PM

Good news...but why can't we just put Sasha, Luke, and Odom on the point so that Fisher gets his rest?

#23 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted January 20, 2009 - 10:33 PM

Jordan may be able to start playing against the Spurs, that's as early as it can be.

Lakers reserve guard Jordan Farmar might practice Friday or Saturday and could be available to play Sunday against San Antonio.

Farmar, who is averaging 7.9 points and 2.2 assists a game, has missed 15 games because of torn cartilage in his left knee.

Sasha Vujacic sustained a sprained right ankle against Cleveland, but he practiced Tuesday and is expected to play tonight.

http://www.latimes.c...n...2&track=rss

#24 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,132 posts

Posted January 20, 2009 - 11:28 PM

we need you in june jordan

mitch call donnie and tell him to stop being a tyrant and release stephon please

then again if he signs with the celtics we would all have wished he stayed in new york
Posted Image

#25 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 21, 2009 - 04:03 AM

I agree GCMD.

The team is doing fine for now. Eventually they'll need Farmar back, but for now there's no rush.

I'm actually more happy that he went ahead and got done what he needed early on so he'll be available and back in shape for the playoffs.

Hopefully in his time watching he's seen the Lakers need his defense, speed and playmaking more than the random threes he got addicted to.

:hysterical:

He's so competitive that he doesn't want Sasha to shine too brightly...scared he's going to take his spot.

I'm still of the opinion that Fisher will be better for us off the bench this year. Maybe even down the stretch, put him on the floor with the starters. He's got the experience to close games but not the legs to play 30-35 minutes at peak performance. That's my major concern.

Once Jordan comes back, he should be starting. Not as a demotion to Fisher but as strategy for the future and the end of the games...not to mention, Farmar is going to need the extra minutes to get back up to speed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users