Photo

Pat Riley Throws Water On Jermaine O'Neal Trade Report

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,736 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted January 19, 2009 - 03:28 AM

Posted Image

A proposed trade that would send Shawn Marion to Toronto for Jermaine O'Neal is far from imminent, Heat president Pat Riley said Sunday.

In his first comments since speculation of the potential deal intensified this weekend, Riley disputed published reports that he is waiting to see how well O'Neal's troublesome right knee holds up before deciding on a deal.

"It is typical of this time of year in the NBA that people put the cart before the horse," Riley said through a team spokesman before Sunday's game.

"Whoever is saying that [a trade is imminent] is putting the cart before the horse."

The Heat has had discussions with at least three teams regarding potential deals for Marion, who is paid $17.8 million on a contract that expires at the end of this season.

Informed of Riley's statement before the game, Marion said, "That's good to hear, but I told you I'm not talking about it anymore. I'm done."

http://www.miamihera...ory/860158.html

#2 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 19, 2009 - 03:45 PM

Sounds like a confirmation to me.

When nothing is going on, management typically issues no statement and doesn't acknowledge it at all.

That trade is a perfect deal for both teams.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users