14 replies to this topic

#1 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted January 18, 2009 - 04:06 PM

http://www.phillybur...ing-sixers.html

A source close to the situation confirmed that the Sixers offered Samuel Dalembert to the Clippers for fellow center Chris Kaman, but the Clippers weren't interested. The issues with Dalembert are his inconsistent play and contract, which contains a 15 percent trade kicker (roughly $4.5 million) that a team trading for him would have to pay up front, in addition to the $23.6 million he's owed from 2009-11.

It's good that they denied this. Dalembert is way too inconsistent and Kaman is worth much more than that.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#2 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted January 18, 2009 - 04:29 PM

after what the 76ers did to the clippers, they think they can trade with them? when brand leaves or retires, then the clippers can deal with that org.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#3 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,883 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 18, 2009 - 04:56 PM

Good denial, the trade is a lateral swap for both teams - pointless.

I don't know if Kaman is worth much more than that, but the thing is that they trade one center for another - no logic there. The point for dealing Kaman is to relive the glut of big men, open some time for Jordan and get some athleticism at the 1 or 2.

#4 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted January 18, 2009 - 04:58 PM

Yay!

You know the Clipper organization made a good move when it has fido's seal of approval :)

Awww so close.. Kaman's far more talented than Dalembert is. Dalembert has to be spoon fed- Kaman has been shooting 60% this year, and always scores about 15+ per game. He's ambidextrous and was top 3 in rebounding AND blocked shots last year (the only two better than him were Dwight Howard and his teammate, Marcus Camby).

He's only 26 too. I'm not sure how old Dalembert is, I think he's young too but has nowhere near the upside of Kaman.

Edited by TheCalmInsanity, January 18, 2009 - 05:00 PM.

I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#5 fido

fido

• 11,883 posts

Posted January 18, 2009 - 05:01 PM

Wow!!

We totally agree on something!!

I knew this day would come :yes:

#6 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted January 18, 2009 - 05:23 PM

would have been a HORRIBLE deal

#7 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 18, 2009 - 06:38 PM

Good denial, the trade is a lateral swap for both teams - pointless.

I don't know if Kaman is worth much more than that, but the thing is that they trade one center for another - no logic there. The point for dealing Kaman is to relive the glut of big men, open some time for Jordan and get some athleticism at the 1 or 2.

While it is kind of pointless, I'd say Dalembert is a little better than Kaman and has one year less on his contract.
Posted Image

#8 fido

fido

• 11,883 posts

Posted January 18, 2009 - 09:59 PM

Yeah with a bargaining chip like Kaman in your back pocket and big men slowly becoming all the rage again in the NBA, the Clippers can parlay Kaman into a serious athlete in the back court, or into a top 5 pick (which they hopefully wouldn't blow)

#9 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 12:33 AM

While it is kind of pointless, I'd say Dalembert is a little better than Kaman and has one year less on his contract.

Entirely disagree.

Kaman is better in almost every facet, does have a face up jumper, can finish with either hand (funny story about that), and is an absolute stat monster.

The only thing Sam Dalembert has on him is the fact that he's not injured as much. But we could just be running into bad luck... Or a bad training staff. I don't know.

Funny story is, a few years ago when Clippers were getting set to play against the Lakers, they asked Phil how they know if "The Cave Man" (Phil was actually the first one to call him that :D) is going up with his right or left hand, Phil smartly said "Well, I don't know if even Chris Kaman knows which hand he's going up with...". LOL.

#10 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,173 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 12:41 AM

Seems like Sixers wanna be like the Clippers but better, with Brand and Kaman at the front.

#11 fido

fido

• 11,883 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 02:19 AM

That's because Brand and Kaman worked well together.

Pair them Igoudala and Andre Miller and you're looking at something that can contend in the East.

#12 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted January 19, 2009 - 12:07 PM

The Sixers have been winning because Brand has been out. :lol:

Maybe Kaman for Brand works more? :lol:

#13 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 19, 2009 - 05:47 PM

dalembert is better than kaman???? .... sam has 0 offensive arsenal, has digressed as a rebounder and shotblocker, too skinny for larger centers which effects his man defense, and has a tendency to disappear in games all the time, i dont agree with calm about him being a top 3 center (did he say that?) but he is a very good center when not injured (too bad hes HELLA injury prone tho)
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#14 fido

fido

• 11,883 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 06:32 PM

He didn't say top 3 center.

Statistically last year he was in the top 3 rebounders last year.

Big difference.

#15 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 06:51 PM

Kaman is better than Dalembert, this trade would make no sense for the Clippers at all. If they Clipps really do want to get rid of Kaman, I am sure other teams would be willing to give abit more.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users