39 replies to this topic

#1 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 17, 2009 - 03:01 PM

LOS ANGELES - Maybe he was just checking on his house, again. That was the reason given the last time.

But exiled New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury made his second appearance of the season Friday at Staples Center, as a fan.

link

Edited by m4mb4 24, January 17, 2009 - 03:01 PM.

Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#2 Perfecto

Perfecto

Im'ma let you finish...

• 787 posts

Posted January 17, 2009 - 04:18 PM

Posted Image

Sign him! :lol:

Posted Image
"Pass me the damn ball, I don't need a pick at all."

#3 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966

Posted January 19, 2009 - 07:49 PM

I know one thing., Fisher can't keep playing 42 minutes per contest

#4 Vaporize

Vaporize

Sixth Man

• 2,939 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 07:51 PM

One more clue in our handy dandy notebook

Posted Image

#5 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted January 19, 2009 - 08:30 PM

Knicks need to release him asap.

#6 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,356 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted January 19, 2009 - 08:43 PM

i have a feeling once he comes here he will make a big impact please man knicks lets go relase him buy him out or something lets goooo

#7 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,130 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 10:49 PM

^^^ its not final hes coming here

yeah there are some signs but there were some signs we were going to land KG and it never happened

remember the aligned stars

house in LA
phone call with kobe
in LA watching tennis matches

yeah its suspicious hes buddy buddy with jeanie and weird laker games have frequently featured marbury but it could be coincidence much in the same with KG

by the way i would love marbury here as i've said he'll be no cancer under phil and kobe and in his prime he was a legit 20ppg 8apg guy he gives us half of that and we become unstoppable 14ppg 4apg would be awesome from the back-up PG position

and with kobe hurt he can play some 2 guard also to let kobe rest
Posted Image

#8 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 11:55 PM

Well yea, of course it's not a sure thing, but his interest in this team is clear IMO. This is a completely different situation than KG's. First off, all those reasons you gave were hopes from desperate fans who were grasping at straws. Marbury actually going to our games makes a HUGE statement, bigger than all of those reasons given for KG combined. Second, neither the Lakers front office nor KG, had any major control over what happened. KG was traded. KG may have had a little say since he was respected by the T-Wolves front office for all he did for the franchise, but in the end, without something like a no-trade clause, he had to go where the T-wolves front office sent him. The hope here is that Marbury gets released or bought out so that he can make the choice himself.

It's clearly not a done deal, but it definitely is a great sign that we are somewhere near the top of his list of choices...

#9 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted January 20, 2009 - 12:03 AM

word is..he was at staples again tonight vs the Cavs..
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#10 LordKobe

LordKobe

Rookie

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Fan Since:Since I popped out
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Ariza, Bynum

Posted January 20, 2009 - 12:08 AM

If he were to come soon while Jordan is injured, what would happen when Jordan comes back. Our bench is already so deep.

#11 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted January 20, 2009 - 12:14 AM

If he were to come soon while Jordan is injured, what would happen when Jordan comes back. Our bench is already so deep.

Simple. They compete for the job and the best man gets it.

#12 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted January 20, 2009 - 12:16 AM

One more clue in our handy dandy notebook

Same thing happened with us wanted KG and his house being in L.A., not happening.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#13 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted January 20, 2009 - 12:28 AM

Same thing happened with us wanted KG and his house being in L.A., not happening.

Im retrospect, just because KG had a house in LA was not a "clue" AT ALL. Just Lakers fans grasping at straws. But Marbury actually showing up to Lakers games? That's a that about 100 levels higher than just having a house in L.A. I'm sure a lot of players have houses in the L.A. area. It ain't a sure thing, but it sure does deserve some suspicion.

#14 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts

Posted January 20, 2009 - 12:44 AM

I have more trust in the Boston/San Antonio rumors then his house ones lol. I bet Horry will join us too?

All About Tha NW

-----------------------

#15 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,596 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted January 20, 2009 - 01:51 AM

Stephon Marbury Shows Up Again

Posted Image

Exiled New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury was back at Staples Center Monday night, sitting at courtside watching the Lakers play the Cleveland Cavaliers.

As Marbury strolled past the press table, on his way to the VIP room outside the tunnel past the visitor’s bench, Cleveland Plain-Dealer beat reporter Brian Windhorst, who covers the Cavaliers turned to a trio of reporters and said, “Stephon Marbury made $200,000 today. How much did you make?”

http://lakers.freedo...s-marbury/9652/

#16 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted January 20, 2009 - 07:13 AM

I have more trust in the Boston/San Antonio rumors then his house ones lol. I bet Horry will join us too?

What does Horry have to do with anything? Whether the lakers would actually sign him if he's released is unknown, but it's clear what message he's trying to get across by going to our games. He wants to play here. Now it's just up to the Knicks to release him because there's no way we trade for him, and the Lakers to want him here and give him a deal that he can't refuse.

#17 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 20, 2009 - 08:16 AM

There´s no enough room in this team for him. He would demand 30-35 minutes per game, he would never be willing to come off the bench or back-up Fisher...He is a good player but...

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#18 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts

Posted January 20, 2009 - 11:08 AM

What does Horry have to do with anything? Whether the lakers would actually sign him if he's released is unknown, but it's clear what message he's trying to get across by going to our games. He wants to play here. Now it's just up to the Knicks to release him because there's no way we trade for him, and the Lakers to want him here and give him a deal that he can't refuse.

A lot of players would like to play for us. Especially a cancer like him. Seems like you guys want every player once their in trade rumors. By the way he won't make us a better defensive team.

All About Tha NW

-----------------------

#19 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted January 20, 2009 - 11:47 AM

A lot of players would like to play for us. Especially a cancer like him. Seems like you guys want every player once their in trade rumors. By the way he won't make us a better defensive team.

I can guarantee you that he is an upgrade in defense to Fisher and Farmar. He's still one of the more talented players in the league. And how is he a cancer? How many championship caliber teams has he been on that he ruined? ZERO. He basically did the same thing as Kobe did when he called out his teammates, except Kobe's situation ended up improving and Marbury's didn't, so they blamed it on him.

And please point out any post where I wanted any other player in trade rumors. Great job smart guy. I've been against about 99% of trade rumors on this forum. And no where did I ever mention a trade for Marbury. I said pick him up if he's released, for hopefully somewhere around the vet min. If he is a cancer, we can release him, or keep him on the bench so that no other team can have him.

#20 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,922 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 20, 2009 - 01:08 PM

Signing Marbury on the cheap is an insurance policy that's well worth the money.

Like daco said, if he turns out to be a complete bust, then you let him go at the end of the year. but its a gamble that needs to be taken right now. Thinking positively though, if it works out, it would be an enormous coup.

If he gets released, you sign him, fake an injury for Derek so he can get some rest for a month or so, and let Farmar and Marbury run the point. Don't forget that this is the last year of Derek's contract and at the most he'll sign on for 1 more year. Marbury still has 5 to years of ball left in him.

Though he can definitely be a self-pitying oddball at times, the prospects of having Marbury running behind Farmar once Derek's number goes on the wall doesn't sound bad whatsoever.

Yes, he would make the back court better defensively.

I do get the feeling that the Knicks may just screw him over since they're paying him and not release him until summer.

His/the Lakers' interest is obvious, its just waiting on the Knicks. the problem is, depending on that franchise for anything is dicey at best.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users