• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 11:17 AM

the chick who played Lil Kim was fine in this movie.

#22 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted January 19, 2009 - 11:27 AM

^
in other words, tupac resurrection > notorious?

have you seen that heir? that movie gives you a lot about tupac, who he really was, and what he went through

Yeah, when I saw Tupac Resurrection I didn't even want to get up and leave just for a quick minute to take a piss. That's how good it was.

This movie wasn't anything like that. I don't know what they were thinking when they picked that dude to play Tupac. He didn't look anything like him.

Yeah, those couple of sex scenes are definitely worth watching. :worthy:
Basketball Reasons...

#23 wong63

wong63

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 11:40 AM

Yeah, when I saw Tupac Resurrection I didn't even want to get up and leave just for a quick minute to take a piss. That's how good it was.

This movie wasn't anything like that. I don't know what they were thinking when they picked that dude to play Tupac. He didn't look anything like him.

yes he did at parts like when he was with biggie doing that video in the club i thought he looked just like Pac...then who else couldve played him?

Edited by wong63, January 19, 2009 - 11:40 AM.

#24 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted January 19, 2009 - 11:46 AM

yes he did at parts like when he was with biggie doing that video in the club i thought he looked just like Pac...then who else couldve played him?

How would I know? I'm not the casting director. I didn't get to sit there for hours and see every dude that auditioned.

Lamont Bently wasn't half bad in that MC Hammer movie. If only he was still alive.....

Edited by Heir, January 19, 2009 - 11:47 AM.

Basketball Reasons...

#25 wong63

wong63

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 11:50 AM

How would I know? I'm not the casting director. I didn't get to sit there for hours and see every dude that auditioned.

Lamont Bently wasn't half bad in that MC Hammer movie. If only he was still alive.....

lol yea hakeem wouldve been perfect playing pac.

#26 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 01:08 PM

sex? im sold....time to watch a stream of the movie.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#27 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,087 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 05:21 PM

That girl used to be part of the group 3LW. Naturi Naughton or whatever.

#28 DeeZee

DeeZee

Sixth Man

• 4,189 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq. Magic. Kareem.

Posted January 20, 2009 - 04:49 PM

i might see it today

#29 Guest_Spooky_*

Guest_Spooky_*

Posted January 20, 2009 - 11:25 PM

the guy that played tupac was bad.

#30 Thizz

Thizz

Rookie

• 299 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 21, 2009 - 12:15 AM

Notorious was tightttttttt. Made me miss the old days of rap. And naturi naughton was fineeeeeeeeeee. That body was on point, baby gave it all in those sex scenes

#31 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted January 25, 2009 - 04:15 PM

Back like half a year ago I was hyped, but then nearing the release and seeing trailers and stuff more, I thought it would suck, and though it wasn't that great, it wasn't as shiitty as I thought it would be. I actually enjoyed it a lot... but I'm a Pac fan, and didn't like at all how they treated Pac's image in the movie. I mean he's obviously gonna be the bad guy, but the dude didn't look like him and was always on like crack and caffeine or something.

^
in other words, tupac resurrection > notorious?

have you seen that heir? that movie gives you a lot about tupac, who he really was, and what he went through

Well, not comparable at all I don't think.

#32 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted January 25, 2009 - 04:37 PM

but pac was always the fun and laughable person they played off in the beginning....when him and big are taking and pac was "[expletive] your camera man, nah im kidding" that was pretty real.

the shooting might have been off though, he didnt smoke a sig, he smoked weed puff even said he supplied it.

but they made pac toooo crazy toward the end.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#33 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 01, 2009 - 04:21 AM

movie got freaking emotional.

#34 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted February 01, 2009 - 04:31 AM

A lot of the movie was a lot more accurate than I thought it would be though, pretty impressive. The shooting was as accurate as it could be from Biggie's side, his battle on the street, Suge at the awards... all pretty damn well done.

#35 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 01, 2009 - 04:33 AM

i really didn't think most of the movie was that great. it jumped around way to much...

#36 keyindabox

keyindabox

Rookie

• 78 posts
  • Name:Key
  • Fan Since:NYK Baby
  • Fav. Laker:Black Mamba

Posted February 01, 2009 - 10:24 AM

I really enjoyed the movie. I was pumped when first trailers were coming out but nearing the release I started having low expectations. But I was pleasantly surprised. I was interested in seeing how they would portray 'Pac, and to be fair they did a very good job. I thought he would be the villain for most of the movie, but they did a good job showing their friendship at first and the admiration Biggie had for him and him for Biggie.

But damn, after the movie was done, it was like it was '97 all over again. And since I was only 7 then, it gave me an idea of what it was like to be old enough to experience something like that happening in the rap world. Me and my homie bumped Biggie the whole way back and all I kept screaming was "WHY BIGGIE WHY?!"

All in all it was a great movie, but Tupac Resurrection will always be my favorite. That was just amazing.

GO NY GO NY GO!

#37 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted February 02, 2009 - 02:36 AM

Me and my homie bumped Biggie the whole way back and all I kept screaming was "WHY BIGGIE WHY?!"

All in all it was a great movie, but Tupac Resurrection will always be my favorite. That was just amazing.

Haha, for me actually, I'm not even lying too, it got me going crazy over Pac right after I saw that movie for some reason. For the last week I've only been bumpin Pac, watching all his documentaries, looking for vids of him on YT like crazy (if you check my YT page, everything favorited recently is Pac).

#38 Franchise

Franchise

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 14, 2009 - 09:01 PM

I saw it last night (I live in aus so yeah it just came out.) Found it [edit] sick. was good but i found it funny how basically it was all about pac and him sucking pac's [edit]. but yea i am a pac man forever but the movie was dope.

#39 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted March 14, 2009 - 09:23 PM

I saw it last night (I live in aus so yeah it just came out.) Found it [edit] sick. was good but i found it funny how basically it was all about pac and him sucking pac's [edit]. but yea i am a pac man forever but the movie was dope.

Please don't bypass the filter. Thanks.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users