21 replies to this topic

#1 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 17, 2009 - 09:45 AM

Which do you prefer? IMO when he's going Lebron style in the 1st half, he gets way better looks during the second half. Even when his shots didn't go down in the 4th vs. the Magic, they were good looks (by his standards) in my eyes.

IMO when Kobe passes the ball and gets 8-10 assists a game, he's the best player in the league and it's not even close. Getting teammates involved boosts their confidence not only on offense but on defense as well. If Kobe can play Magic style and get teammates involved in the 1st half, especially if there is a mismatch, I love our chances in the finales.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#2 Mega Man

Mega Man

Mega Buster

• 415 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 17, 2009 - 12:29 PM

Kobe's performance was terrific. He was rebounding well and looking for his teammates who were delivering. All the while shooting a quiet but impressive 9/16 FGs. His shot was just not going down in the 4th...

My main gripe was all the 3s we gave up last night in the closing minutes. Our perimeter D and transition D is horrible.

Posted Image

#3 intense

intense

Rookie

• 91 posts
  • Name:Leif

Posted January 17, 2009 - 04:27 PM

Lebron style in the 1st half

I'm pretty sure Kobe's been going complacent in the first half for a while now..
Looking for teammates isn't just a "Lebron" thing..

But your right, he does get better looks in the 3rd quarter when he's assisting, they don't feel the need to Double team him as much.. But late in the 3rd and especially 4th the double teams come to get the ball out of his hands.

He is the best closer in the game after all..

#4 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,537 posts

Posted January 17, 2009 - 06:02 PM

its not a lebron thing or a kobe thing

great players have been feeling out games for decades
Posted Image

#5 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 09:02 PM

Kobe's focusing on passing again tonight in the 1st half, getting 6 assists!

#6 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted January 19, 2009 - 09:05 PM

Kobe's focusing on passing again tonight in the 1st half, getting 6 assists!

If anything I think it has more to do with his finger.
Basketball Reasons...

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 19, 2009 - 09:14 PM

All I know is if I hear TNT analysts say that Kobe is struggling with his shot tonight one more time, im going to vomit. He's taken 5 shots for god sakes. Plus hes playing with a hurt finger now. Give me a break. I bet ESPN is currently writing up their article about how Lebron made Kobe struggle.

#8 elpermic

elpermic

Rookie

• 1,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:worthy, kobe, magic

Posted January 19, 2009 - 09:25 PM

All I know is if I hear TNT analysts say that Kobe is struggling with his shot tonight one more time, im going to vomit. He's taken 5 shots for god sakes. Plus hes playing with a hurt finger now. Give me a break. I bet ESPN is currently writing up their article about how Lebron made Kobe struggle.

I don't remember LeBron scoring anything on Kobe.. We should get the ball to Bynum or Gasol everytime, they're undersized and the way we can beat them is by the paint.

I'd plow Vanessa Bryant.

#9 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,354 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 10:30 PM

Well I remmeber Kobe scored over LeBron twice.

#10 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,537 posts

Posted January 19, 2009 - 10:34 PM

whatever is needed in any game
Posted Image

#11 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 19, 2009 - 11:19 PM

Well I remmeber Kobe scored over LeBron twice.

Three consecutive times. A big three in the corner, a fadeaway on the opposite end, and then an awkward shot falling out of bounds...all over LeBron, no screens.

#12 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted January 19, 2009 - 11:22 PM

1st half passing to get the guys going and Kobe can get involved in the mix in the 2nd half and extend leads and such.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#13 Gravedigga562

Gravedigga562

Rookie

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Fan Since:BIRTH - 1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Worthy-Scott-NVE-Kobe

Posted January 20, 2009 - 03:45 PM

It really depends on what we need that night from him and it varies from game to game.

Just as long as we get the WIN. Im all good

We all know Kobe will be there in the end when the game is on the line.

#14 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 20, 2009 - 05:01 PM

It really depends on what we need that night from him and it varies from game to game.

yep, i dont think Kobe can say prior to a game starting what how he is going to play the defense, until he sees how they play him, no double teams, hes a scorer
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#15 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 21, 2009 - 10:39 PM

Kobe as a passer = MVP

Kobe as a chucker = 3rd in MVP votings

The past month, he's been awesome!

Looking at the stats, his scoring has actually GONE UP while he's focused on passing. 28 pts, 6 reb, 7.6 assists. When Kobe looks to get his teammates involved, his scoring improves. He's shooting a blistering 49% from the field in the month of January.

Games like tonight need to happen more.

#16 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,537 posts

Posted January 21, 2009 - 10:46 PM

^ its funny actually because i've always believed if kobe wanted to he could average 8apg but in reality hes not that type of player

if he wanted he could be a triple double machine who throws around 8 dimes a game but again thats not him

its a testament to how truly great he is that he can essentially at such an average size by NBA standards do whatever he wants on the floor whenever he wants
Posted Image

#17 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted January 21, 2009 - 10:53 PM

cosign LF

#18 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 21, 2009 - 10:54 PM

^ its funny actually because i've always believed if kobe wanted to he could average 8apg but in reality hes not that type of player

if he wanted he could be a triple double machine who throws around 8 dimes a game but again thats not him

its a testament to how truly great he is that he can essentially at such an average size by NBA standards do whatever he wants on the floor whenever he wants

Statistics show that his scoring efficiency goes up.

When Kobe focuses on getting his teammates involved, it frees him from double and triple teams. In essence, passing in the first half helps him score more efficiently in the second.

This is what made the 3-peat era great. We'd pound the ball down low to Shaq, then Kobe would go nuts in the 3rd and 4th quarter after getting opposing teams bigs in foul trouble, and diverting attention away from KB.

Edited by lakerfool, January 21, 2009 - 10:55 PM.

#19 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,537 posts

Posted January 21, 2009 - 11:07 PM

Statistics show that his scoring efficiency goes up.

When Kobe focuses on getting his teammates involved, it frees him from double and triple teams. In essence, passing in the first half helps him score more efficiently in the second.

This is what made the 3-peat era great. We'd pound the ball down low to Shaq, then Kobe would go nuts in the 3rd and 4th quarter after getting opposing teams bigs in foul trouble, and diverting attention away from KB.

its obvious its a better technique i mean what was the stat 11-0 when kobe isn't the leading scorer

why because it means he was the leading assist man

asking kobe to adopt a chris paul mentality is like asking bynum to adopt a tyson chandler attitude

kobe is much like MJ in that if he wanted he could average 10apg but the mentality is of a killer and a killer never sets up his victims for others to kill he does it himself

i think kobe is perfectly comfortable with the set teammates up 1 half and go off second half but this 4 quarter assist fest is not going to last

the only thing hes shown me in the past 4 games is he is the only player in the NBA who can do whatever he want whenever he wants

12 assists you got it

8 threes you got it

post up you got it

dominate the lane you got it

rebound double digits you got it

come off screens and work the mid range you got it

kobe is the only player in the league who can do that but when it comes down to it hes still the

28ppg 6rpg 5apg guy and thats ok because we know whenever he wants he can throw up 50 or dish out 12 thats fine by me
Posted Image

#20 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 21, 2009 - 11:16 PM

Not asking him to become the next CP3.

I'm asking him to do what he did during the 3peat. Be an initiator in the first half, and let that open things up for you to murder in the second half. Exploit the fact that we have 2 beasts down low.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users