Kobe Launches Chinese Website

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 rissa missa

rissa missa

i <3 Kobe

• 938 posts

Posted January 16, 2009 - 12:28 AM

i was able to see the Announcement of Kobe's Chinese Website this afternoon. i just thought i would share, not sure if this is the appropriate thread. :rolleyes:

After receiving unimaginable buzz and enormous waves of support from Chinese fans during the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, Kobe has found a way to pay those fans back for their overwhelming displays of love and affection.

In a press conference/webcast scheduled for 2:30pm today in Los Angeles, Kobe will launch his new official Chinese-language website and blog on SINA.com, one of China’s leading sports information websites.

"I'm really excited about this partnership with SINA, which will allow me to launch my official Chinese-language website and blog,"Kobe told us earlier today. "I'm so grateful for the support of fans in China, and I feel this is a perfect way for me to stay in close
touch with them and for them to stay in touch with me."

KB24.com

Kobe's Chinese Website

Kobe's Chinese Website In English

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted January 16, 2009 - 01:01 AM

hahaha well Kobe did get the most rockstar treatment in China during the Olympics.

That Chinese Laker colored jacket is tight.
I would rock that joint to the clubs with some Laker colored Air Force Ones
and some Gold tinted Kanye Aviator Sunglasses.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Just playing :whistle:
Posted Image

#3 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted January 16, 2009 - 01:03 AM

I didn't know about the website. Nice pics.

Monkey needs to get me that jacket. :dance1:

#4 rissa missa

rissa missa

i <3 Kobe

• 938 posts

Posted January 16, 2009 - 01:23 AM

yeah, that jacket is pretty cool! :thumbsup:

#5 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 16, 2009 - 01:59 AM

Nice Jacket...
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#6 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted January 20, 2009 - 02:27 AM

ROFL!!!

Ok guys, first and foremost, that isn't a jacket. It's a traditional clothing worn during Qing Dynasty.

More on wiki: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Tangzhuang

Also, dun bother using the translator. Kobe's blog has the original english text if you guys are pinpointed to the correct webpage. Let me point it out to you guys here:

My own translation of title: Hi China Basketball fans! I've started blogging!

Hey everyone in China, this is Kobe! I am really excited to have my own Chinese blog with SINA. I feel this blog really gives me the chance to connect directly with all of you -- my Chinese fans. It's kinda like staying close to you while I can not be in China right now in person because of the NBA Season. Through my blog, I look forward to getting to know all of you better, and for you to learn more about me.
At times my blog will be serious and other times funny. It will cover a variety of topics from life, to basketball, to pop culture. All in all its going to be real cool. Thanks for taking the time to read my stuff, and I hope to keep connecting with all of you on a regular basis!
It's my first blog.I check out blogs that are all over the "map". From blogs about movies, to music, to fashion -- I try to stay pretty connected to what is going on in the World. I like to read blogs or web-articles on other successful and competitive people. It helps me to learn what works and doesn't, and better form my approach to life. I really don't have one particular favorite, but I do spend a fair amount of time surfing the Web.
I have visited china in summer in last three years,shall I go to china this summer? Right now, I don't have my summer travel schedule totally set. I am really focusing on trying to win an NBA Championship with the Lakers in June. After that, I will sit down with my endorsement partners like NIKE, SINA, etc and determine what my summer schedule will be for July, August and September. I would be really excited if I get to go to China again this summer! It really is one of my favorite places in the world!

http://blog.sina.com...050100bre1.html

My own translation of title: When can I have a repeat 81pt performance?

Many chinese fans wanna know:is it possible that kobe will update his blog by himself?My blog goes directly from my BlackBerry to my SINA website. My team at SINA simply translates it from English into Chinese and then posts it on my site. Other than that there is no middle person, or anything like that. These are my real, genuine thoughts coming right from my fingertips to you by email.
I also am constantly checking out my SINA website to see what you guys, my fans, have to stay. Like I said one of my main goals is staying directly connected to my Chinese fans. Because I really love how you guys treat me and my family when we are over there. For example, when we were in Beijing for the Olympics it was my birthday. My Chinese fans lined up for me with posters and banners, like thousands of you, and sang Happy Birthday in English to me and my family. That was such an incredible touching and generous moment for me. A real honor. I really can't tell you enough how inspired I am by my fans in your beautiful country.
Many fans want I to give Sun Yue some suggestion.Sun Yue is a great young player with loads of talent. I was able to have a Peking Duck dinner with him in Beijing right before he was drafted into the NBA. We talked a lot about the hard work and preparation he would need to put in to make it in the NBA. He seems very focused and disciplined so I think his future is very bright.
There is a funny question that I get asked all the time. Those moments in sports (like scoring 81 points) are kind of magical, and hard to predict when they will happen. To be honest, every game I play in, I just really try to read the flow and pace of the game. I don't ever set out to accomplish something in particular just for the sake of doing it. On that night when we were playing against The Toronto Raptors, I could just really tell that my teammates needed my to be offensively aggressive and stay in attack mode. The shots just kept coming to me in the flow of the offense, and I kept making them. I would have never predicted I would end up with that many points, but it just kind of happened. It would be really fun if it happened again, but will just have to wait and see!

http://blog.sina.com...0bs5r.html?tj=1

I can help to distribute these to TLN if you guys want me to. :)

Edited by lyk13, January 20, 2009 - 02:29 AM.

#7 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted January 20, 2009 - 02:31 AM

Posted Image
what. a. G.

#8 lyk13

lyk13

• 4,722 posts

Posted January 20, 2009 - 03:32 AM

^G?

#9 lyk13

lyk13

• 4,722 posts

Posted January 20, 2009 - 11:13 PM

My own translation of title: I'm willing to be hurt for the Lakers. I asked Sun Yue to teach me mandarin.

Hi,all the Chinese fans,it's me Kobe,again!nice to share with all u guys in my blog today.

The last game with heats,me and Dewayne got crashed,and i need four-needle sewing on my eye bow. but that just the game,I got no complain about that. Man, D Wade and I are both great competitors. I really respect the way he plays and how he approaches the game. We really spent a lot of time together on the USA Team last summer, and my respect for him just continues to grow. On that last play we were both just trying to be aggressive and make a play for our team to win the game. I will take that battle wound any time if it preserves a win for the Lakers!

u know what?people says,hi,Kobe,u were so lucky,cause u been this league for more than a decade without have any major injuries,but I’m telling u,that’s not just about fortune,I am incredibly disciplined when it comes to taking care of my body. To perform at the highest level of sports, you have to keep your body in shape way beyond just practicing with the basketball on the court. That is something I really want aspiring basketball players in China to understand. I have a strict training regimen of weight lifting, stretching, nutrition, physical therapy etc. The commitment has to be real and consistent, and young basketball players in China have to know that it does pay off when you stick to it.

We conquered the cavaliers yesterday,one of the best team in the east conference this season,I can’t help notice that the Boston game is coming at February 7 .but I’m try not to look too far ahead on the game schedule, but to take one game at a time. That is something that Coach Phil Jackson has really instilled in me. To focus on the now, and not get too far down the road. When the Boston game comes, I will make sure to get my midset ready to try to beat them on their home court!

lastly,I’m telling u guys something interesting,I think Chinese is such a beautiful language. I also understand that it is pretty difficult to learn. I do already speak English, Italian and Spanish. So, who knows, maybe I can pick up a fourth language too!! At least I have a great Laker's teammate from China to keep tutoring me on that!!!!!

http://blog.sina.com...050100bsqc.html

#10 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted January 21, 2009 - 05:48 PM

aww. he looks cute in the chinese jacket. :)

#11 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted January 21, 2009 - 05:53 PM

Oh man, this is so cool. I'm jealous. :(

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#12 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,002 posts

Posted January 21, 2009 - 06:25 PM

very niiice :)

#13 lyk13

lyk13

• 4,722 posts

Posted January 21, 2009 - 11:59 PM

Do you guys want me to continue to update this thread with his latest blog posts? I have RSS on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users