• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 15, 2009 - 10:21 PM

This is actually something to think about considering Wade is having himself an MVP type season....Chris Paul most likely will be on he first team, while the second guard spot obviously would go to either Kobe or Wade...That's actually a tough call...

At this point of the season I'd say Kobe will make the first team based on the "grandfather rule"...but what if Wade happens to win the MVP....do you leave him of the first squad? I wouldn't think so.

Heat are on their way to barely winning 45 games (according to their winning pct.) and that deserves MVP consideration?

He's having a phenomenal season but not MVP

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#22 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted January 15, 2009 - 10:22 PM

This is actually something to think about considering Wade is having himself an MVP type season....Chris Paul most likely will be on he first team, while the second guard spot obviously would go to either Kobe or Wade...That's actually a tough call...

At this point of the season I'd say Kobe will make the first team based on the "grandfather rule"...but what if Wade happens to win the MVP....do you leave him of the first squad? I wouldn't think so.

wades team is going to win under 45 games no chance of being on the 1st team or MVP with that most important stat wins

not to mention statistically hes not that far ahead of lebron or kobe

this isn't kobe going for 35.4 ppg with a garbage team of devean george, kwame brown, smush parker starting line-ups

that is a somewhat talented team that is not winning games

wade in no way deserves it

otherwise include john salmons and danny granger other guys who are grabbing points on less than stellar teams

if kobe keeps up his recent great play nobody deserves to be there in that guard spot but kobe
Posted Image

#23 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted January 15, 2009 - 10:26 PM

Heat are on their way to barely winning 45 games (according to their winning pct.) and that deserves MVP consideration?

He's having a phenomenal season but not MVP

good season

empty stats like his dont mean anything

michael beasley
udonis haslem
mario chalmers
chris quinn
deaquan cook
shawn marion

all good players not saying they should win 50 games by no means but they are underachieving IMO

i've seen a couple of his games he only passes when he is either A in trouble or B for an assist

no hockey assists none of that

though i am biased i do not like his game at all but also statistically he is not far enough ahead of the pack to even finish top 4 in the MVP

lebron
kobe
dwight
chris

are the obvious MVP guys right now

with tim duncan, brandon roy behind them
Posted Image

#24 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted January 15, 2009 - 10:27 PM

Yeh, Kobe will make it for sure. :rock: Besides, the season isn't over yet so there's still a lot of basketball left to play.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#25 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted January 15, 2009 - 10:30 PM

Yeh, Kobe will make it for sure. :rock: Besides, the season isn't over yet so there's still a lot of basketball left to play.

to be honest even if something terrible happens with kobe or the lakers i give roy the nod

his team to me feeds off of him more and the team is a legitimate playoff danger

i wouldn't prefer them in the first round
Posted Image

#26 EchoZulu

EchoZulu

EazyRidin'

• 98 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Chuck Nevitt

Posted January 15, 2009 - 10:52 PM

wades team is going to win under 45 games no chance of being on the 1st team or MVP with that most important stat wins

not to mention statistically hes not that far ahead of lebron or kobe

this isn't kobe going for 35.4 ppg with a garbage team of devean george, kwame brown, smush parker starting line-ups

that is a somewhat talented team that is not winning games

wade in no way deserves it

otherwise include john salmons and danny granger other guys who are grabbing points on less than stellar teams

if kobe keeps up his recent great play nobody deserves to be there in that guard spot but kobe

Points well taken...but I'm gonna have to disagree with you when it comes to Wade not cracking your top 4 for MVP.....

Remember where the Heat were last year at this time w/o Wade and basically the same team....Now, with Flash, they're in the playoff hunt, and positioning themselves for a possible 4th or 5th seed...I don't think anybody would have predicted that...But with that said, LeBron is most likely going to win his first MVP award, so all this probably will be moot.

Kobe, btw, should have the MVP in 06-07 with that piss poor lineup...I think we could all agree on that.

Edited by Eazy, January 15, 2009 - 10:54 PM.

#27 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 15, 2009 - 11:38 PM

I think Kobe had a stronger case in 05/06 than 06/07

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#28 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted January 15, 2009 - 11:42 PM

yeah in 06/07 we went 42-40 and kobes only real highlight was the 4 straight 50+ point games

in 05/06 we went 45-37 if i remember right with a starting line-up of

kwame brown
lamar odom
luke walton/devean george
kobe bryant
smush parker

and kobe had the fabled 81 points and 35.4 points per game

by the way who was our back-up point guard that year i keep looking back and trying to remember and i can't

was it sasha i just can't remember
Posted Image

#29 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted January 15, 2009 - 11:50 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

This has to be joke :clap:
Posted Image

#30 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted January 16, 2009 - 12:01 AM

i think van gundy put it perfectly

Paraphrase "i think we've become used to kobe's greatness and it doesn't wow us anymore"

its honestly a simple case of hes been great for a decade so everyone is used to it and forgets how good he was, is and will be

most people don't remember because shaq was so good back then but at 23 kobe was the premier SG in the game of basketball and one of the premier perimeter players we had in the game

at 24 he established himself as a premier player and at 25 he became the best perimeter player in basketball

at 25 he had his best year as a pro avg 30ppg 6rpg 6apg

people bring up how good lebron is at 23 and rightfully so because he puts up monster numbers at such a young age and leads like hes a seasoned vet

but this is not a comparison all i am saying is people forget kobe was lebron the wow i can't believe hes that good at 22 or 23 guy

its sad but the same thing will happen to lebron and probably rose and mayo

kobe has gotten better no doubt skill wise and production wise but at 23 he was like wade fiercly driving to the hoop, and like jordan where he was an artist in the air

and hes had that killer instinct since day 1

we need to really appreciate him before hes gone

the lakers franchise has never seen a player like kobe

yeah we've had top 5 players all time in magic, kareem and top 15 players in wilt and west but noone has ever had the drive, resolve, work ethic, anger kobe has

don't know where that came from
Posted Image

#31 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted January 16, 2009 - 12:03 AM

I mean if the debate wants to go on who is the best baller on the planet, Kobe or Lebron that can continue with strong arguments from both parties.

But hands down KOBE is the best shooting guard in the league . FACT :yes:

Bet Player on the Planet , MY OPINION :rock: .
Bronski gotta develop an all court jumper before he snatches Kobe's throne.

NBA First Team

1.CP3 Posted Image
2.KB24 Posted Image
3.LJ23 Posted Image
4.PG16 Posted Image
5. DH12 Posted Image

Alot of people would debate me on Pau Gasol.
Biased answer or not I think Pau is the best power forward.
At the age 28, I wouldn't trade him for Duncan or KG
Posted Image

#32 EchoZulu

EchoZulu

EazyRidin'

• 98 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Chuck Nevitt

Posted January 16, 2009 - 12:18 AM

No...you're right...I was referring to the season where we were up 3-1 on the Suns in the playoffs.....

I believe that was the year with 24's 81.....

And the backup point guard, if I remember correctly, was Sasha....w/ Laron Profit playing all but 2 min. that year....Jimmy Jackson, I think, came to the team later on that season.

LMAO at the above LBJ avatar....nice.

Edited by Eazy, January 16, 2009 - 12:23 AM.

#33 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted January 16, 2009 - 01:18 AM

Before entering the thread, I thought you messed up the title, but I forgot that CP3 and Wade can take the guard positions... damn.

Well either way, in the end I think it will be Paul and Kobe. If Wade gets it over Kobe, it will be with good reason, but it shouldn't happen cuz Kobe's still a beast and winning like mad.

#34 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 16, 2009 - 06:41 PM

Before entering the thread, I thought you messed up the title, but I forgot that CP3 and Wade can take the guard positions... damn.

Well either way, in the end I think it will be Paul and Kobe. If Wade gets it over Kobe, it will be with good reason, but it shouldn't happen cuz Kobe's still a beast and winning like mad.

yeah it doesnt matter as long as youre "considered" a guard ... at least thats what i was told
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#35 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 16, 2009 - 06:54 PM

what about wade and kobe...cp3 doesnt Have to make it
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#36 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 16, 2009 - 06:55 PM

what about wade and kobe...cp3 doesnt Have to make it

in all honesty, i think thats what is going to happen because CP3 isnt known to be a defender ... just a steals guy and the rest of the team can defend
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users