9 replies to this topic

#1 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted January 15, 2009 - 03:46 PM

made lamar expendable

this is not one of those lakers lose trade lamar threads

this is a serious look at the business side and playing side of this team. we have depth no secret and josh powell at 25 has been a better player in his minutes than ronny ever was without the excitement ronny provided.

now contrary to popular belief i think lamar has played some of his best basketball as a laker the past month he has been aggressive like nevr before even taking 2 3 pointers in a game as big as the celtics game hitting both. i love the way he is playing right now.

but that doesn't change the fact that there is a 95% chance he most likely will not be a laker next season because at 29 i think the team will opt for the younger more potential guy in trevor ariza

odoms worth to this team was as a legitimate back-up PF who could start and has played that to perfection and honestly i would not want to trade him right now

but if you could get a legitimate SF right now which at one point wasn't smart because lamars value as a back-up big was too great would lamar become expendable

just food for thought

also if we keep lamar can we smart up and sit vlad i mean josh powell has earned the minutes as well as lamar and having vlad play and take minutes from either of these guys is dumb in my honest opinion

to be honest lamar is easily a much better defender on SFs than vlad i mean by far why isn't he starting

hes been shooting better and play more aggressively

is it time to start

andrew
gasol
lamar
kobe
fisher

that team is much better defensively also now powell becomes the number 1 big off the bench which is another way to solve his playing time issues

its time phil and company look at it

if lamar is better defensively than vlad and has been shooting i believe a career high from 3 isn't it time he gets the start

whats holding it back they say for spark off the bench but thats not the type of player he is and we keep 1 or 2 starters out there anyways with the bench
Posted Image

#2 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 15, 2009 - 03:55 PM

I don't think the coaching staff will be making any kind of changes right now. I do understand what you're saying and agree with it, but I doubt anything happens soon.

P.S. I don't understand your signature. The Eagles are in the NFC championship game, with McNabb leading his team. I know he isn't the same as before, but it's good enough for now... lol

#3 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted January 15, 2009 - 03:56 PM

I don't think the coaching staff will be making any kind of changes right now. I do understand what you're saying and agree with it, but I doubt anything happens soon.

P.S. I don't understand your signature. The Eagles are in the NFC championship game, with McNabb leading his team. I know he isn't the same as before, but it's good enough for now... lol

i put that there after the ravens game when he got benched

look where they are now do you think i'm taking that off
Posted Image

#4 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 15, 2009 - 04:10 PM

love that midrange
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#5 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted January 15, 2009 - 04:13 PM

love that midrange

you can tell why hes playing well to

i think he might be kobes close friend because i always see them talking before the game

last season when we played the clips i was always happy when he came in for kaman because i thought we had one less player to worry about

now i am happy when he comes in for us because he has become a legitimately productive player

i think kobes work ethic has rubbed off on him

next robert horry?

just kidding
Posted Image

#6 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 15, 2009 - 04:55 PM

you can tell why hes playing well to

i think he might be kobes close friend because i always see them talking before the game

last season when we played the clips i was always happy when he came in for kaman because i thought we had one less player to worry about

now i am happy when he comes in for us because he has become a legitimately productive player

i think kobes work ethic has rubbed off on him

next robert horry?

just kidding

man, those were some clutch shots he hit last nite...i can only imagine that his confidence is at an all time high...im glad he got some PT...he's gonna come in handy come april-may-june
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#7 revgen

revgen

Rookie

• 969 posts

Posted January 16, 2009 - 12:39 AM

Not really.

Lamar can create his own shot.
Lamar can handle the ball, and push the ball in transistion.
Lamar has speed to guard SF's and quick PF's, and length to guard standard PF's and even C's.
Lamar is a better playmaker.
Lamar is a better slasher to the basket.
Lamar is a better postup player.

Powell, although a solid and dependable PF on both ends of the floor, can't replace those skills.

Edited by revgen, January 16, 2009 - 12:41 AM.

#8 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 16, 2009 - 05:21 AM

for next year, I would let Odom walk and try to sign Hakim Warrick as free agent if I didn't sign Ron Artest. Warrick, Powell and Gasol at PF would set LA for years at that position with Odom's salary off the books.

#9 KaPau

KaPau

Rookie

• 68 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Erving "Magic" Johnson

Posted January 16, 2009 - 11:20 AM

Not really.

Lamar can create his own shot.
Lamar can handle the ball, and push the ball in transistion.
Lamar has speed to guard SF's and quick PF's, and length to guard standard PF's and even C's.
Lamar is a better playmaker.
Lamar is a better slasher to the basket.
Lamar is a better postup player.

Powell, although a solid and dependable PF on both ends of the floor, can't replace those skills.

Exactly, I don't think so, if someone has become expandable is either Watlon or Radmonavich, those guys would be the ones that would be consider expandable.

Has better shot than Walton, rebounds better than both of them and plays way better defense than both Walton and Radmonovich. Plus he always gets critical offensive rebounds in key games.

#10 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 16, 2009 - 11:55 AM

Not completely expendable, but it makes me more comfortable that if we trade him, we have a backup PF who can hit the midrange like nothing.

Odom for Felton/Morrison/Bell! DO IT MITCH!
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users