Magic/Cavs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted January 15, 2009 - 03:55 AM

Now calm down. I think we're the best team in the league. When healthy. And we're not. Our guards are dropping like flies, and tonight Fisher looked like he was gonna go down too, which would have been bad, leaving Kobe as the only real guard left (Sun doesn't count).

Well, the Magic and the Cavs are coming up, the 2 best teams in the East, the 2 best teams in the league not named The Lakers.

I think (and more so, hope) we can beat them in the next week, but being honest, with our current lineup and injuries, as well as theirs, who is the best team in the league?

We are missing guards Farmar and Vujacic, as well as forward Luke. What I know of the other teams is that Orlando is missing G/F Pietrus, and Cleveland is missing C Ilgauskas.

Of course I can't forget Boston, who I don't think has any notable injuries?

So who's the best team in the league in their current states?

#2 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,213 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 15, 2009 - 10:50 AM

Well I must admit it, we're not the best team currenty, but we'll be back on track as soon as we have most of the guys back :)

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Cavy Music

#3 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 15, 2009 - 09:12 PM

Maybe now the question should be Spurs and Cavs?

The Spurs are much more deadly this year with Roger Mason. Lets hope they don't find a consistent center via trade.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#4 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,347 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted January 15, 2009 - 09:38 PM

When healthy, Lakers are the best. Right now, Magic is the best team in the NBA, they have no significant injuries on their team and they are looking strong. Cavs, look like the bast, but they have some injuries keeping them back. It would be a toss up between the Cavs and Lakers when both teams are healthy. Celtics are up there still yet too, they have just as much injuries as the Lakers do.

Edited by Base, January 15, 2009 - 09:39 PM.

#5 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted January 15, 2009 - 09:45 PM

Maybe now the question should be Spurs and Cavs?

The Spurs are much more deadly this year with Roger Mason. Lets hope they don't find a consistent center via trade.

1 player and 1 game dont make them jump that ahead

yes they are still the spurs and yes they will be there in the 2nd possibly WCF round but roger mason will not be the reason

hes no better than anyone they've had in the past and right now they are seriously lacking in size

they were abble to beat us because they desperately needed to win that game to prove to themselves the ship hasn't passed them by. with a full team and healthy and playing one of their better games all around of the season they won by 1 point against a team short-handed without 3 of its top 8 players

they scare me no more than they did in the beginning of the season on the fact they have tim duncan and gregg poppovich

but one thing is certain in a 7 game series a 100% healthy lakers squad vs. a 100% healthy spurs squad i dont see the spurs being able to beat us

now at 75% healthy like we are right now they easily could but at 100% hell no
Posted Image

#6 Mo Rings

Mo Rings

Fan since Hector was a pup!

• 543 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:All of 'em!

Posted January 15, 2009 - 10:05 PM

Cleve lost, we have the best record! These next two will be tough. Let's hope Sasha is back. Fish was tired at the end, and made mistakes on the last three or four plays.

#7 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted January 15, 2009 - 10:08 PM

Cleve lost, we have the best record! These next two will be tough. Let's hope Sasha is back. Fish was tired at the end, and made mistakes on the last three or four plays.

we need to sign someone

this whole business of letting ourselves stay afloat is ludicrous

they said the extra roster spot was for emergency

well last time i checked having only 2 guards is an emergency

i mean at least a 10 day deal to joe crawford or make a trade for crittenton

something

i understand not signing pargo because he is a back-up PG meaning he deserves back-up minutes so when farmar comes back there will be issues

but we could sign dee brown or joe crawford to a 10 day

whats the hurt better than sun yue
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users