Photo

The TOUGHEST Laker Losses you have EVER experienced...

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted January 15, 2009 - 01:44 AM

Alright fellas... I came home late tonight after a rehearsal and JUST finished watching the game at 1 AM.

And I have to say... I am... speechless.

I am SO down right now. I never get THIS emotional about the game. I've watched every single Lakers game since '95... it's hard to get outwardly excited anymore, especially during a regular season game. But tonight, in the 4th quarter I found myself screaming and laughing as we made our defiant comeback. Then when Kobe made the dagger 3, I was beyond jubilant. What a breakthrough that was...

Then Fisher on Mason happened. I mean... WTF?

I'd imagine that everyone's a bit down tonight, so let's all let it out by listing the TOUGHEST Lakers losses ya'll have ever experienced...

Here are my top 5:

1. Game 5 vs Spurs in the 2003 playoffs... Horry's 3 rattles in and out, and the title run ends.
2. Game 6 vs Suns in the 2006 playoffs... one defensive rebound away from WCF (let's face it, we weren't gonna lose to the Clippers)
3. tonight's game... both teams played like gods, shot the lights out, Lakers made a brilliant comeback with a dagger 3 by Kobe, only to lose to a game winning and1 play by Mason on a mistake by DFish.
4. I forget exactly when it was, but it was sometime between 2003-2006, a regular season game vs Wizards, Jerry Stackhouse dunked in a buzzer beater and we lost by 1
5. game 1 vs Sixers in the 2001 playoffs... we were about to have the BEST playoff record by going 15-0. What a let down that was to lose to Iverson and the hated Sixers.

Your turn...

Edited by Beethovenite, January 15, 2009 - 01:47 AM.

#2 Flash

Flash

Junior

• 283 posts

Posted January 15, 2009 - 01:48 AM

24 point comeback!

#3 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,378 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 15, 2009 - 02:09 AM

Last night's loss was definitely one of the most disappointing losses I've experienced...

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Soul Smooth

#4 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted January 15, 2009 - 02:23 AM

Tonight's game made me extremely angry just because we had this game stolen and then snatched away, but it wasn't the toughest loss for me.

The Celtic 24 point comeback. To me, it shouldn't get any more emotional than that. I still can't believe it when I think about it. Then the Ray Allen blow-by hit me hard, just cause I knew my favorite player, Sasha Vujacic, was going to get ripped apart by the media and fans. It was tough, really tough.
Posted Image

#5 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,378 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted January 15, 2009 - 02:50 AM

This thread should be closed. It only brings bad memories and has no purpose, except bringing more pessimism to the situation...

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Soul Smooth

#6 tru'tildeath

tru'tildeath

Rookie

• 768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:chick hearn

Posted January 15, 2009 - 03:00 AM

last night wasn't that tough. i mean every media person said that it was a "statement game" for the spurs to measure themselves an what not. In the end I look at it like we made the bigger statement. an they probably feel that way anyway hardest for me was um last year that finals game..

#7 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted January 15, 2009 - 03:37 AM

No offense OP, But I really hate this thread

Roger Mason is the Bullet, Stick figure is Lakers Nation
Posted Image

Can't wait to see them in the rematch game on the 25th at Staples Center
Posted Image

#8 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted January 15, 2009 - 06:14 AM

24 point comeback!

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#9 GotKobe?

GotKobe?

Rookie

• 35 posts
  • Fav. Laker:MAGIC,KAREEM,WORTHY,KOBE,DFISH

Posted January 15, 2009 - 07:20 AM

Definitely the 24 points lost to BostonSucks! only coz it was the Finals. Last nights game was a tough one to swallow. Although the referee made a bad call...Ariza's shot didn't go in (I beleive Duncan got the rebound), but if the shot did go in then that #@#$! ref. should be suspended.

The Lakers will regroup and start a new streak.

#10 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted January 15, 2009 - 08:41 AM

I'm sure there's plenty of more over the past 15 or so years, but the one that sticks out to me the most is 131-92.

This thread should be closed. It only brings bad memories and has no purpose, except bringing more pessimism to the situation...

why? what's the point of us being here if we can't discuss things relevant to the current events with the team. Sure, losing sucks, but to say this thread has no purpose is garbage. should we just eliminate everything negative pertaining to the lakers? losing is part of the game, i just don't understand why everyone is so afraid of it.

losses give the season heart. losses are what strengthens emotional ties to the team.

Edited by SaintNicholasVanExel, January 15, 2009 - 08:43 AM.

#11 destiny-dynasty

destiny-dynasty

Rookie

• 368 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 15, 2009 - 09:15 AM

sure this was a tough loss, but it wasn't top 5 material. I was just as upset if not more when we lost to the pacers earlier, simply because the team wasn't playing like champions. Last night, this team showed mental toughness. Out 2 guards and a small forward, they fought back and almost pulled it out. The role players got stronger. I mean, Josh Powell hit 3 clutch shots in a row at the end. Sun Yue got a stop and a steal (but not much else) and they had to deal with Fish's groin pull?!!! Remember, this was the 2nd game of a back-to-back road trip. Sometimes the refs call fouls in your favor and sometimes they decide the game for you.

And yet, they still found a way and almost pulled it off. That's a champion. And come playoff time, they will remember this experience and have the confidence, not only in Kobe, but in the rest of the team.

Now forget about this negativism and loo forward to Orlando and Cleveland in a few :dance1:

#12 ardentraver81

ardentraver81

Rookie

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Name:Mark O.
  • Fan Since:2000 Lakers championship days
  • Fav. Laker:James Worth and Rick Fox

Posted January 15, 2009 - 10:57 AM

You guys seem really upset about those few debacles we had endured over the course of the decade. :)

I was extremely disappointed too. I understand.

I also know that the only thing that could wipe out those bitter, haunting memories are four victories in the Finals.

I see our melancholy dissipating in just a couple of months. Believe!

You can share your frustrations. We're all humans and there's no problem with that. :)

#13 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted January 15, 2009 - 11:15 AM

Last night still hurts….but it is what it is…we'll get em at staples

As for most painful, last years 24pt collapse is tied with Ralph Sampson’s lucky shot in 86
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#14 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted January 15, 2009 - 11:23 AM

1. 93' playoffs games 3 and 5 when we lost to the Suns in ot too and had a 2-0 series lead.
2. Last years finals 24 pt game 4.
3. Tim Ugly Thomas shot from the 06' playoffs game 6 and another ot loss to Suns.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#15 Mega Man

Mega Man

Mega Buster

• 415 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 15, 2009 - 11:58 AM

From this season I'd say the pacers game still bites at me... A team we should've easily taken care of yet an "L" will forever appear in the L/W column on that date. :no:

Posted Image

#16 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted January 15, 2009 - 12:26 PM

1986.. the year I can never forget.

Michael Cooper on the ground, staring at the Forum ceiling right after Ralph Sampson hit a massively huge heartbreaker in Game 5 to get the Rockets in the Finals against the Celtics (where they subsequently got spanked by Boston - dammit).

I can never forget the look on his face, the deflation of the city and the utter shock I was in for about a good - well - 22 years now.

#17 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted January 15, 2009 - 01:47 PM

Michael Cooper on the ground, staring at the Forum ceiling right after Ralph Sampson hit a massively huge heartbreaker in Game 5 to get the Rockets in the Finals against the Celtics (where they subsequently got spanked by Boston - dammit).

I can never forget the look on his face, the deflation of the city and the utter shock I was in for about a good - well - 22 years now.

it still stings whenever i see that lowlight
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#18 Sako32

Sako32

LIKE A ROLLING STONE

• 1,217 posts
  • Name:Sako
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, & Bynum

Posted January 15, 2009 - 05:16 PM

1) the 24 point comeback, i think i really had a nervous breakdown.

2) the kobe miss vs. miami, i was at my sister and her husbands house watching it, and my brother in-law hates the Lakers. we were watching it together, and when he missed, i yelled "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at the top of my lungs. i blocked it out at first, denying he missed, even to myself. i've since made a promise to my self that i never watch that shot again.

Posted Image

#19 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 15, 2009 - 06:07 PM

Game 4 of the 2008 Finals. I was in shock for about 10 min. after the game and so damn disappointed that words would not suffice.

#20 Mo Rings

Mo Rings

Fan since Hector was a pup!

• 543 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:All of 'em!

Posted January 15, 2009 - 06:11 PM

I remember Coop falling backwards to the floor like he was shot!

Either we are too old, or there's a lot of youngsters on this board. By far the worst loss.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users