And I have to say... I am... speechless.
I am SO down right now. I never get THIS emotional about the game. I've watched every single Lakers game since '95... it's hard to get outwardly excited anymore, especially during a regular season game. But tonight, in the 4th quarter I found myself screaming and laughing as we made our defiant comeback. Then when Kobe made the dagger 3, I was beyond jubilant. What a breakthrough that was...
Then Fisher on Mason happened. I mean... WTF?
I'd imagine that everyone's a bit down tonight, so let's all let it out by listing the TOUGHEST Lakers losses ya'll have ever experienced...
Here are my top 5:
1. Game 5 vs Spurs in the 2003 playoffs... Horry's 3 rattles in and out, and the title run ends.
2. Game 6 vs Suns in the 2006 playoffs... one defensive rebound away from WCF (let's face it, we weren't gonna lose to the Clippers)
3. tonight's game... both teams played like gods, shot the lights out, Lakers made a brilliant comeback with a dagger 3 by Kobe, only to lose to a game winning and1 play by Mason on a mistake by DFish.
4. I forget exactly when it was, but it was sometime between 2003-2006, a regular season game vs Wizards, Jerry Stackhouse dunked in a buzzer beater and we lost by 1
5. game 1 vs Sixers in the 2001 playoffs... we were about to have the BEST playoff record by going 15-0. What a let down that was to lose to Iverson and the hated Sixers.
Edited by Beethovenite, January 15, 2009 - 01:47 AM.