Photo

California Players Vs. Lakers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,630 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:19 PM

Seems like all 29 teams play their hardest when its against the Lakers. With the history the Lakers have in the NBA and with a great player like Kobe on the team, who wouldn't be giving it all trying to beat the best. But the players who give their all are California players. Whether if your born, raised, played for a Cali college team, former Laker, player of all other Cali NBA teams or former player of the Warriors, Clippers and Kings. They play their best games against the Lakers.

Whether if its just offensively or defensively. For example, NBA stars from Cali put up big numbers. Like when Boston sucked back then. Paul Pierce would put up big numbers. Or like this year, when a scrub like Bobby Brown of the Kings who you don't expect to be productive did well against the Lakers, Troy Murphy of the Pacers having 2 good games and that damn tip in game winner and Von Wafer being productive for their teams.

I've even seen guys who are scrubs who are getting it done if their star player isn't and its the Cali player being their 1st, 2nd, 3rd leading scorer or being a spark of the bench. They just like to put on a show against the Lakers. I just knew that Von was gonna have some kind of impact tonight. But we got the win. All i'm saying is the Lakers should pay a little more attention to them and not think they are not gonna make a impact to the game.

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, January 13, 2009 - 11:23 PM.

#2 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,204 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:34 PM

stuff happens

its only led to 6 losses not too shabby
Posted Image

#3 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:53 PM

Never thought about anything like that

#4 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted January 13, 2009 - 11:17 PM

Players play with more emotion and motivation when infront of friends and family. Telfair had his best game this year in Madison Square. I always root for the Cali players though it would be nice to sign more of local players when they are free agents, Trev's game took a leap after he returned home as well.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#5 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,630 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted January 13, 2009 - 11:31 PM

I hope Bruce Bowen, Desmond Farmer, Jacque Vaughn and Ime Udoka don't have big games tomorrow.

#6 Mega Man

Mega Man

Mega Buster

• 415 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 14, 2009 - 12:17 AM

Players that were traded or signed to another team always show up against their former team.

Posted Image

#7 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:42 AM

I hope Bruce Bowen, Desmond Farmer, Jacque Vaughn and Ime Udoka don't have big games tomorrow.

Bowen always used to since Kobe always left him open.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users