#1 mamba818

mamba818

Rookie

• 131 posts
  • Name:Kevin Moradi
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:38 PM

Everything lebron james does seems to be exaggerated and made to be the greatest thing in the world. he gets a block espn has lebron james top ten blocks.....he gets a triple double they compare him to MAGIC!......he scores 30+ he's a better scorer than KOBE!....
Is it just me or is lebron just made out to be better than he is....dont get me wrong hes a good player but nowhere near kobe....

And to comment about all the assists he gets its not like hes creating lay-ups for his teammates.....80% of his assists are passes to 3 pt shooters that just make those shots nothing special....

Everything lebron james does seems to be exaggerated and made to be the greatest thing in the world. he gets a block espn has lebron james top ten blocks.....he gets a triple double they compare him to MAGIC!......he scores 30+ he's a better scorer than KOBE!....
Is it just me or is lebron just made out to be better than he is....dont get me wrong hes a good player but nowhere near kobe....

And to comment about all the assists he gets its not like hes creating lay-ups for his teammates.....80% of his assists are passes to 3 pt shooters that just make those shots nothing special....

Should be in NBA TALk I KNO!

#2 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:39 PM

Everybody and their Mothers already know how much ESPN sucks on El BJ's Johnson. This is no news. Nothing ever surprises me anymore.

#3 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:39 PM

Jealous much?
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#4 mamba818

mamba818

Rookie

• 131 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:41 PM

Jealous much?

not jealous just tired of everything lebron does be made into the greatest play ever......

#5 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:42 PM

I'll admit, I've been watching SportsCenter much less because of it. NBATV's the shizz anyway. Plus they usually show more highlights and are more in depth than yeah..

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,422 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:44 PM

Listen, Lebron is quickly becoming the best player in the NBA, sorry to break it to you guys. He now has the killer mentality that he was lacking. He is on Kobe's level. Kobe is still the best player in the NBA right now though. But Lebron could potentially take that title over by the start of next season.

#7 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:47 PM

lebron is already one of the best pure athletes the nba has ever seen. on top of that, he's basically single-handedly leading his team to the second best record in the association... and i don't care about strength of schedule. he's a spectacle to watch, and he makes for entertaining highlights to put on sportscenter. everyone gets all caught up in espn drama... there's a little bit of east coast bias as far as airtime because of the roots of the network, and the fact that the majority of their viewers live on the east... nothing new... i just take it for what it is.

Edited by SaintNicholasVanExel, January 13, 2009 - 09:49 PM.

#8 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,213 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:47 PM

why cry about something that means nothing

hell i dont watch ESPN anymore therefore dont hear anything about this

i've always loved lebron but hated the hype much in the same with oden

i wont go into kobe vs. lebron because its useless

i will just say you can tell who the greatest player of this era is by how its always

chris paul vs. kobe
wade vs. kobe
lebron vs. kobe

you never see

wade vs. lebron so on and so on

but this is lebron's league soon and it will become the

wade vs. lebron
chris paul vs. lebron
roy vs. lebron

thats part of being the best player

get over it
Posted Image

#9 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:49 PM

For what it's worth, LeBron's actually my 3rd favorite player. All I'm saying is that to me personally, it is a little annoying how much and the extent ESPN goes in highlighting seemingly everything he does in comparison to the rest of the players/league. Then again, I know perfectly well it's almost always been that way, but it just seems like it's at it's worst point ever in the extremity.

This was the only player I can remember ESPN going a long way in investing a ton of time and attention to since his high school days showing almost all of his games nationally. They knew he would be special and they stop at no limits to time and time again show he is their child in a way.

#10 mamba818

mamba818

Rookie

• 131 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:50 PM

why cry about something that means nothing

hell i dont watch ESPN anymore therefore dont hear anything about this

i've always loved lebron but hated the hype much in the same with oden

i wont go into kobe vs. lebron because its useless

i will just say you can tell who the greatest player of this era is by how its always

chris paul vs. kobe
wade vs. kobe
lebron vs. kobe

you never see

wade vs. lebron so on and so on

but this is lebron's league soon and it will become the

wade vs. lebron
chris paul vs. lebron
roy vs. lebron

thats part of being the best player

get over it

then they should do all this hype when he IS the best player not when he is not.....

#11 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

• 3,271 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:51 PM

let 'em know

#12 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:52 PM

At the end of the day though really, why trip about something you obviously can't control whatsoever. ESPN will do what they want and how they want and they can care less about all that complain because in end, they are by far number one, still receive great ratings, and basically it's because they really have no competition.

#13 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,213 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:53 PM

then they should do all this hype when he IS the best player not when he is not.....

why kobe was hyped by everyone as the next jordan before he even hit 20ppg

what makes this any different

that its not a Laker?
Posted Image

#14 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:57 PM

^ No offense, but I'll have to disagree with that. The hype Kobe got was WAY WAY less than LeBron's gotten', I mean not even close. Heck, possibly even Wade's gotten' more than the Kobester. & no, it's not just cuz he's a Laker, but c'mon, it's obvious. One, he's always been a Laker so naturally, he wasn't gonna' get all the love & hype, or some of which he deserved from ESPN. LeBron is their child bottomline, always has been, always will be. He plays on the east coast and that's even more fitting for the situation.

#15 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

• 3,271 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:58 PM

ESPN isn't stupid... they pay people career salaries to coordinate their programming based on ratings. does it really hurt you guys that LeBron got a top ten blocks feature? in a perfect world, people would keep their rooting interests, but respect the talents of other talented players.

#16 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:00 PM

Just face it. LeBron never had the Colorado incident. Otherwise you bet your house he'd be King of the Kings.

Look at how great Howard has been, yet he gets hyped even less than Kobe. We're talking about one of the most dominant defensive seasons in the new era too, with their team having only 2 more losses than us.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#17 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:06 PM

Jealous much?

Basketball Reasons...

#18 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,213 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:06 PM

charismatic people get favored plain and simple

kobe is a very quiet guy and hes had legal issues

its not that hard to figure out

plus kobe has played so well for so long people are used to it

while lebronhas gotten better each year therefore new stuff to talk about

its like how kobes jersey was #8 for so long and was still selling being 3rd overall or whatever but wasn't selling like crazy. then he changed to #24 and skyrocketed to #1 and has been there for a while.

kobe has been the same great player for so long now doing so many great things and wowing people everyone is used to it. lebron is fresh new and talented not to mention charismatic.

watch in 5 or 6 years when some new dominant player comes out who will be getting all of the buzz. lebron will still be the best but someone else will get the bulk of the hype.

its how marketing goes
Posted Image

#19 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:07 PM

This doesn't belong in NBA talk either. More like the "garbage pit".

Sorry to break it to you, but LeBron is currently playing the best so far this season. Now you can blame it on the fact that Kobe has tons of help, and that he's only in 2nd gear right now, but LeBron is playing great, and so is D-Wade.

Frankly, there's no reason to really care unless you are jealous of all the attention he's getting instead of Kobe. For some reason, Kobe fans take the attention that Kobe ISN'T getting as some sort of insult.

#20 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:09 PM

People are under reacting. I rather see more news and highlights about his amazing plays and dunks not some "crab dribble" speculations.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users