Photo

ESPN hates the Lakers and Kobe?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:55 PM

Or did we get embarrassed by a team with a defensive philosophy?

Embarrassed in game 6 no doubt about it and game 4 choking the 24 pt lead, which ultimately was the deciding factor in the series. Every game was close though, with exception to game 6 where we just did not look like we even wanted to show up.

Still, I will never forget the horror of game 2 and 40-11.

#22 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:57 PM

I don't worry about stuff like that. That's just irrelevant stuff. As long as we are winning games and winning our division, we're good, in my opinion. Winning is all that I care about. And what we all should care about.
Posted Image

#23 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:58 PM

That's what defensive teams do. They get in your face, and they hit you hard. You get hit, you're 40% 3pt shooting average suddenly goes down to 30. Pau's hook shot loses arch for he releases it quicker due to being timid.

I'm not saying there is no hope. Just at this point in the season, we're playing awful defense.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#24 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,512 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 09:59 PM

It works well in the regular season as I said. Ask MVP Steve Nash how those potent Suns did in the post season, and whether allowing your opponent to score 105 a night works at that point in time.

like i said though we are different than the suns

we have size they didn't have and the suns couldn't pass the spurs and had trouble with the clips and us

i agree we can't win unless we play at the very least decent fundemental defense and play efficient offense but right now we aren't playing well in any phase of the game and are still winning

its got to be a positive when you can not play well and still be 31-6

the suns always played flawless offensively in the regular season we haven't played anywhere near our level on either side all season

this laker teams ceiling is universes above what the suns ceiling was

not to mention they had all offensive players who played no defense

we have defensive players who are nowhere near insync with each other

huge difference

its all about developing that defensive chemistry and continuing to bring along the young players

you say the cavs and magic deserve to be there because they are playing better on both sides of the ball than us especially defensive

well heres the thing they are playing probably the best basketball their teams can play while we are playing mediocre to garbage and the records

lakers 31-6
cavs 31-6
magic 32-8 or something like that

like i said we are nowhere near playing good right now yet its obvious both those teams are playing their best

its a testament to how good this team can be if healthy
Posted Image

#25 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:02 PM

lakers 31-6
cavs 30-6
magic 31-8 or something like that

Fixed. We are number one.

#26 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:02 PM

We'll get through the West no problem. The West is now soft. T-Back is done. Spurs are old. Suns are soft. Mavs, lol. Hornets could give is a problem, but we match up well with them and they are soft. But if we keep this up, the Cavs and Celtics and Magic (they're going to come back whether you like it or not) have the bodies and mentality to bang with us. Andrew needs to get over the psychological impact of the injury ASAP.

#27 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:06 PM

Andrew needs to get over the psychological impact of the injury ASAP.

Co-sign on this. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting. He needs to release that beast within him and that full explosion to the level he had last year when healthy when he was just dunking everything and finishing and 1s like the norm.

Better than anything, he was much much better in the rebounding department as well during his hot streak.

#28 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,512 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:12 PM

We'll get through the West no problem. The West is now soft. T-Back is done. Spurs are old. Suns are soft. Mavs, lol. Hornets could give is a problem, but we match up well with them and they are soft. But if we keep this up, the Cavs and Celtics and Magic (they're going to come back whether you like it or not) have the bodies and mentality to bang with us. Andrew needs to get over the psychological impact of the injury ASAP.

honestly no bias or anything because its been proven fact but as i've said over and over again the magic and cavs are playing the best basketball they will play all year they are comprised of veterans with low ceilings and history has proven you cannot win a championship running your entire offense through one player not even MJ had the entire offense run through him.

why because defenses can scheme to stop someone if they do everything and spoonfeed teammates look at the 2008 finals

the Lakers are playing probably their worst basketball of the season yet are the #1 record in the league

on those facts alone can you really say a laker team gelled, healthy, and on top of their game can't beat these current teams when at their worst they have the same record as those teams playing at their best

c'mon

the regular season is about gelling its obvious drew and pau are beyond uncomfortable with eachother turning the ball over almost every time when they look for each other and defensively its obvious we have the players but none of them are on the same page

if we are playing this way in may then talk to me

but right now we have a better record than both those teams while playing our worst basketball if healthy we will play all season

that has to give some optimism
Posted Image

#29 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:16 PM

Rankings are meant to change. I bet by the end of the year I'll rank us at 1. Until we play defense, I have trouble doing that.

#30 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,512 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:20 PM

Rankings are meant to change. I bet by the end of the year I'll rank us at 1. Until we play defense, I have trouble doing that.

i never disagreed the cavs and magic should be ahead of us

they are playing better than us on both sides that wasn't my point

my point was even with that fact we still have the best record in the league

you say until we play defense hell compared to last year offensively we are playing horrible on that side of the floor and thats probably more disturbing yet

still 31-6

last year there was crisp ball movement and very efficient offense

the ball has been sticking to whoever touches it

i feel this is due to our lack of a glue guy in our starting line-up last year we had lamar and this year we had luke but neither are starting right now

plus did anyone notice phil play lamar at small foward today

possibly slowly experimenting with it
Posted Image

#31 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:21 PM

Attention, this is a Public Service Announcement:

Posted Image

The entire world is not out to make the Lakers miserable.

That is all.

Basketball Reasons...

#32 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:22 PM

must resist temptation.

#33 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,512 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:28 PM

^ that is one hell of a news anchor

one hell of one
Posted Image

#34 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,512 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:30 PM

a good example is how i absolutely hate the amount of media coverage the dallas cowboys get i mean it pisses me off yet i don't get mad at the coverage the lakers get

interesting

human nature i guess
Posted Image

#35 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:32 PM

it's not that a certain player or teams gets coverage at all in the first place, it's the AMOUNT, the EXCESSIVENESS, and the kind of coverage/attention that is given to that player and or team and THAT is where clearly, one can see something so obvious such as El BJ coverage.

#36 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:38 PM

That chick is hot! Wow
Posted Image

#37 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,512 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:40 PM

That chick is hot! Wow

quite possibly the most flawless face i have ever seen on a woman

and thats without all of the airbrushing and stuff

that is one beautiful woman right there
Posted Image

#38 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,512 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:44 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:50 PM

That baby scares me.

In all seriousness, just watch more of NBATV. Trust me, you will see the huge difference. They give props to almost everyone and anyone who deserves it unlike you know who, plus a lot more highlights, more in depth analysis, just much better overall.

#40 Angela1986

Angela1986

Off The Bench

• 1,584 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:55 PM

It's not that serious. All that matters is that we have the championship at the end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users