• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#61 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:04 PM

I'm convinced that we could be undefeated and you whiners would still be complaining about somebody and thinking of trades.

#62 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:19 PM

Amazing.

It took Bynum 2 years to develop that strong base he used to grab all of those rebounds last year. He injures his knee and loses about 8 months of playing time.

You really, REALLY expect him to gain all of that back in 4 months? Would be nice but that's a bit ambitious, don't you think?

How much times does he need to be in good enough condition physically to get more than 1 rebound in almost 30 minutes of playing time? Against Utah he had 2 in about the same amount of time on the court. Lack of playing time doesn't have ANYTHING to do with that. Especially if he can deliver double doubles on every other night.
Basketball Reasons...

#63 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:23 PM

Dear Andrew Bynum,

Be perfect.

Sincerely,

TLN's Spoiled Bastards

#64 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:25 PM

If anything the only whiners are the bias fans who nitpick about the entire world hating the Lakers.

What's the point of even having a forum if you don't discuss the team?

Just because our record is 31-6 everything is supposed to bite their lips? If your record is 31-6 it means you're doing something right, but it doesn't mean you're doing EVERYTHING right and that you can't be even better.

Topics such as this one ARE a big deal. Our starting center only grabbing 1 rebound? That's a huge deal. Especially since so many people believe that he would've made a difference in the series against Boston.

If this thread was about something stupid, such as players laughing on the bench, then you'd have a point.
Basketball Reasons...

#65 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,923 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:26 PM

Look we're not asking for perfection from Andrew...we just want to see him try hard out there. THE EFFORT ON THE DEFENSIVE END IS NOT THERE! Thats why some of us are complaining.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#66 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:27 PM

I just don't understand why barely beating bad teams is a big deal. Ya, we may not be perfect and not blowing out teams, but winning games is what it's all about. Plus, the players start to get used to crunch time and that "usual pressure" is just another day in the office.

I'd much rather be winning close games instead of everyone choking at the end of games because we are so used to blowing out teams.

But that's just my opinion....

Excellent point. Getting used to winning close games is where it's at, because in the playoffs, there are few blow-outs. The bottom line is that it's a long season. If guys choose to be relaxed defensively and let the games stay close, so be it: they're still winning. Look at Boston: 29-2, greatest start in NBA history. Selling out defensively every game gets you the greatest start in NBA history but burns you out in the long run. Plus teams get so up for the Lakers, and look at what typically happens to these teams after a Laker's game. Celtics go on a horrendous losing streak. Hornets get blown out by Utah and then lose at home to the Knicks. Have a little faith in this squad all you whiners out there. Have a little faith in Phillip. All that you see is all that we lack, not the 31-6 record and best squad in the NBA. GROW THE F UP! And once again, great post, Machinehead.

#67 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:27 PM

Dear Andrew Bynum,

Be perfect.

Sincerely,

TLN's Spoiled Bastards

I didn't know grabbing more than 1 damn rebound qualifies perfection to you. Makes me wonder how you pick out attractive women.
Basketball Reasons...

#68 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,923 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:28 PM

woah woah woah guys come on

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#69 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:29 PM

Excellent point. Getting used to winning close games is where it's at, because in the playoffs, there are few blow-outs. The bottom line is that it's a long season. If guys choose to be relaxed defensively and let the games stay close, so be it: they're still winning. Look at Boston: 29-2, greatest start in NBA history. Selling out defensively every game gets you the greatest start in NBA history but burns you out in the long run. Plus teams get so up for the Lakers, and look at what typically happens to these teams after a Laker's game. Celtics go on a horrendous losing streak. Hornets get blown out by Utah and then lose at home to the Knicks. Have a little faith in this squad all you whiners out there. Have a little faith in Phillip. All that you see is all that we lack, not the 31-6 record and best squad in the NBA. GROW THE F UP! And once again, great post, Machinehead.

This team isn't learning and trying to figure out how to get to the top. Experience during crunch time isn't needed on a team that made it to the Finals last year.

Blowing out the teams you're supposed to means rest for our most important players, two of which are coming off nearly a year and a half of nonstop basketball.
Basketball Reasons...

#70 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:32 PM

What's the point of even having a forum if you don't discuss the team?

You got me, but whining, moaning and complaining is different that astute analysis.

This team isn't learning and trying to figure out how to get to the top. Experience during crunch time isn't needed on a team that made it to the Finals last year.

Blowing out the teams you're supposed to means rest for our most important players, two of which are coming off nearly a year and a half of nonstop basketball.

Is your complaint is that we're not winning by enough? Again, no wonder people call us "Faker fans". Get real. 31-6.

I'm convinced that we could be undefeated and you whiners would still be complaining about somebody and thinking of trades.

Well you know what the complaint would be if we were 37-0. The same laundry list you read here: not winning by enough, Andrew not playing hard, blah blah blah.

#71 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:32 PM

I didn't know grabbing more than 1 damn rebound qualifies perfection to you. Makes me wonder how you pick out attractive women.

He's averaging 8 rebounds a game, which is more statistically relevant than focusing on only his bad rebounding games.

#72 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,923 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:33 PM

You got me, but whining, moaning and complaining is different that astute analysis.

Is your complaint is that we're not winning by enough? Again, no wonder people call us "Faker fans". Get real. 31-6.

Dallas won 67 games, how did that season turn out?

Look I'm not saying we're soft and weak like the Mavs but we obviously have some problems just like that Mavs teams where it felt like the record wasn't indicative of that team.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#73 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:36 PM

There's a difference between whining and pointing out a clear problem that impacts the team and will matter in the playoffs.

http://lakernation.c...showtopic=10276

http://lakernation.c...showtopic=10272

http://lakernation.c...showtopic=10285

^That's whining.
Basketball Reasons...

#74 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:39 PM

:rolleyes:

I'm not complaining, I'm just doing the best I can to help you realize that pointing out obvious issues on a good team doesn't constitute whining.
Basketball Reasons...

#75 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:43 PM

There's a difference between whining and pointing out a clear problem that impacts the team and will matter in the playoffs.

http://lakernation.c...showtopic=10276

http://lakernation.c...showtopic=10272

http://lakernation.c...showtopic=10285

^That's whining.

Yes, that is whining. However, one person's "pointing out a clear problem" is another persons "whining", but since we are on the same team, let's not quarrel openly. It's not as if we're Celtics.

#76 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:55 PM

We are 31-6 guys. We do have things we need to address, such as pick and roll defense, defending guard penetration, and like this thread states, Bynum's rebounding. We aren't even half-way through the season. We have plenty of time to fine-tune these things, and I am not worried about Bynum's rebounding. Remember, he just had a knee injury a year ago, which really hindered his progress and advancement. Recovering from a knee injury and trying to move laterally the way he did last year takes time, which is why his defense and rebounding aren't up there yet. His timing also looks off. I think we are asking too much (right now) out of Bynum. Mind you, he's only 21 years old and never had any college ball experience.

I hate seeing threads pop up complaining about our team, over small things. PLEASE don't turn this into CL, which is the reason why I switched over to TLN. We should have ONE complaint/rant thread, instead of numerous threads.

#77 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 01:57 PM

We are 31-6 guys. We do have things we need to address, such as pick and roll defense, defending guard penetration, and like this thread states, Bynum's rebounding. We aren't even half-way through the season. We have plenty of time to fine-tune these things, and I am not worried about Bynum's rebounding. Remember, he just had a knee injury a year ago, which really hindered his progress and advancement. Recovering from a knee injury and trying to move laterally the way he did last year takes time, which is why his defense and rebounding aren't up there yet. His timing also looks off. I think we are asking too much (right now) out of Bynum. Mind you, he's only 21 years old and never had any college ball experience.

I hate seeing threads pop up complaining about our team, over small things. PLEASE don't turn this into CL, which is the reason why I switched over to TLN. We should have ONE complaint/rant thread, instead of numerous threads.

:clap:

/thread

#78 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted January 14, 2009 - 02:02 PM

Bynum is an animal.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#79 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 02:06 PM

Dear Andrew Bynum,

Be perfect.

Sincerely,

TLN's Spoiled Bastards

I don't care if I get warned for this.

Dude, shut the [expletive] up.

If you don't like this thread, then don't post here, it's not that hard. Don't you dare call someone like me or Heir a fake fan. I understand if you are against my opinion, but don't ever call me or Heir fake fan bastards.

If you want to be blinded by our record, then do so. All teams can improve in some places, and it's clear that Bynum has to improve in rebounding. I bet you'd be [expletive]ing if Bynum averages 2 rebounds per game in the NBA Finals. :coffee:

Oh, and see MDI's post about the Mavs.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#80 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 02:08 PM

Don't you dare call someone like me or Heir a fake fan. I understand if you are against my opinion, but don't ever call me or Heir fake fan bastards.

That shouldn't be too hard, since I never did that.

I called you "spoiled bastards."

Actually, let me clarify:

I wrote a satirical letter to Andrew Bynum impersonating people on this board.

Edited by BadScooter, January 14, 2009 - 02:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users