#341 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 02, 2009 - 09:25 PM

I used it to portray the attitude on here, and mentioned it just once. And the minute I do that, instead of people saying, 'no I agree Bynum is a key to the championship', people start pulling the basic defense mechanisms by turning this into a Kobe thread. There's a difference between reference and going off topic, which is what you are seeing here...thus proof that this is probably what they wanted.

no i think it was the ....

Well, you geniuses got what you guys wanted.

statement while implying that people on here WANTED bynum to get hurt just so kobe could tear it up (im pretty sure NO ONE in laker nation wanted that) ... plus youre assuming bynum WILL be better than kobe in the playoffs when bynum has only played (just a random guess) 1 playoff game in his career .... he will be a huge factor but to say he will be better than kobe in the entire playoffs is just your biased opinion (if they can get to the finals without bynum, obviously he wasnt a factor last year until we faced the celtics) .... sometimes i can agree with some of the stuff you say man but a lot of the times its just way off base

Edited by phifedogg76, February 02, 2009 - 09:26 PM.

Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#342 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 02, 2009 - 09:30 PM

What do you think about this yourself?

Nobody puts things into perspective about whiny fans quite like Scott P. A little harsh, maybe. But he always gets the point directly across. Why do you think he's earned Doc's respect? Let's hope Bynum's pathetic rebounding and presence is back in plenty of time for the playoffs.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 02, 2009 - 09:31 PM.

#343 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted February 02, 2009 - 09:39 PM

Well, you geniuses got what you guys wanted.

Nobody wanted Bynum to get injured. Find me one post in this thread that wishes Bynum got injured.

As I said, you got what you wanted. Bynum was going to be better than Kobe in the playoffs, and because of his injury he most likely won't. Just what you wanted, Kobe scoring 61 points tonight instead of a team concept with Bynum dominating the middle.

Bynum was going to be better than Kobe in the playoffs? Are you serious? I know you hate Kobe, but you can't be serious if you think Bynum is going to be better than Kobe. :lol:

Kobe scored 61 points because most of his teammates can't get the job done.

#344 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 02, 2009 - 09:45 PM

Lakerfool what the hell man, just say it

you're sick and tired of us singing Kobe's praise

we get the message alright.

You never give the man the benefit of the doubt. NEVER.

Edited by MDI, February 02, 2009 - 09:46 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#345 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 02, 2009 - 09:48 PM

He thought the regular season and the playoffs are the same thing, no it's not...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#346 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 02, 2009 - 10:19 PM

Nobody wanted Bynum to get injured. Find me one post in this thread that wishes Bynum got injured. Bynum was going to be better than Kobe in the playoffs? Are you serious? I know you hate Kobe, but you can't be serious if you think Bynum is going to be better than Kobe. :lol:

Kobe scored 61 points because most of his teammates can't get the job done.

If the NBA were purely an offensive game, then yes, Kobe would be better. But considering how Bynum plays when he was steam rolling again, and to factor in his impact of being able to get 20-25 a night on 60% shooting, and being able to change an opposing team's offense (which guards never do), then the big man easily becomes the best player on the team.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#347 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted February 02, 2009 - 11:14 PM

If the NBA were purely an offensive game, then yes, Kobe would be better. But considering how Bynum plays when he was steam rolling again, and to factor in his impact of being able to get 20-25 a night on 60% shooting, and being able to change an opposing team's offense (which guards never do), then the big man easily becomes the best player on the team.

If he's taking time to set himself good position and we pass around the perimeter until he does, he's hurting the team's offensive rhythm. He hurts the team more if he post up too high (did it for most of the year) because we all know he's gonna kick it right back out to Kobe (usually) when he's too far away from the basket with the shot clock winding down or go for a turn around fadeaway like he's Duncan or KG. Now you know why Kobe's "settling" for those outside shots...its because Drew and Pau bring congestion in the paint (its just part of the package of playing 2 footers) and because the ball is most likely in Kobe's hands on the perimeter when the shot clock is winding down

He's hurting the team when he doesn't communicate to our guards that a pick is coming. He's hurting the team when he isn't stepping out to defend outside the paint because he's lazy too move his feet (happens quite often)

He's not gonna be like Wilt, Russell, Chamberlain, Malone, and all those great bigs...those guys can do it all, Drew can;t.

If you think the man is gonna be a great player, you're mistaken. He is gonna be good...NEVER WILL BE GREAT, which is what I think you're expecting him to be.

Edited by MDI, February 02, 2009 - 11:28 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#348 Ethdude

Ethdude

Rookie

• 63 posts
  • Name:Sam
  • Fan Since:1991- Jordan almost made me cry that year.

Posted February 03, 2009 - 01:57 PM

^ You will be wrong some day.
The best sports franchise in the world.

#349 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 03, 2009 - 01:59 PM

He is only 21. Let's just hope he can get this injury big behind him. If he does, who knows. He has the talent to be great.

#350 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 02:10 PM

If you think the man is gonna be a great player, you're mistaken. He is gonna be good...NEVER WILL BE GREAT, which is what I think you're expecting him to be.

If he can maintain good health which is a big IF for many bigs I say I like his chances. He seems to have developed a work ethic and willing to put that effort into improving. He has the physical tools, Length, developing strength, good hands, basketball instincts, touch around the basket, can hit the 10-15 ftr. , and last but not least great teachers around him (Kareem, Phil, etc...)
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#351 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,205 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 03:20 PM

He is only 21. Let's just hope he can get this injury big behind him. If he does, who knows. He has the talent to be great.

well you got to think the first one was a body break down, the second was not being injury prone like T-mac it was being unlucky as hell

if anything he was lucky that looked season ending

so far he has 1 body break down injury and one external forces injury

he doesn't have a bug yet IMO just unlucky so far
Posted Image

#352 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 05:04 PM

good point last stand. This last injury is a freak accident and doesn't indicate he is injury prone. I hope in the offseason he practices yoga like Kareem and Farmar. Although even for Farmar that doesn't mean your invincible to injury.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#353 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 05:27 PM

^ You will be wrong some day.

For the good of this team and this franchise I hope I'm wrong.

I didn't even have his injuries in mind when I wrote that. Just this work ethic, complacency, laziness, lack of focus, desire, heart in long stretches just doesn't look like greatness to me.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#354 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,205 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 05:36 PM

i disagree with your assesment

we're talking a healthy bynum and a healthy bynum is about 8 years ahead of himself in footwork and in post moves

in terms of natural ability he has unbelievable length and ridiculous touch to go with being naturally strong and athletic in terms of movement and hops

he also has a special work ethic one all the greats have he out works any big in the NBA not named tim duncan or KG he works his butt off in the offseason and comes with new stuff every year

defensively he contests everything and changes everything while being a force on the boards

at 21 he is ahead of almost every center in the NBA if not every one of them in terms of playing both ways. he can lock an opposing big down while pulling down 13 boards and scoring 20 points

he may have flaws but at 21 noone even compares to him dwight defensively is superior but bynum is 5 years ahead of him offensively rebounding dwight has the edge though when bynums on i would say about equal

but its the touch its the moves bynum is a 65% certainty of 2 points hes almost an 80% free throw shooter in the last 3 weeks

the guy is special i understand with his injuries this may be getting ahead in your mind but did you see the way kobe looked when bynum got hurt and how upset phil was

this guy has become a legitimate top 3 center at 21 and is a 29 year old in terms of skill set and footwork

yes he needs to improve his passing and screen setting skills but at 21 to be polished in all those other categories is a testament to how great a teacher kareem is

whoever drafts haseem thabeet needs to sign kareem

but then you go back to work ethic and bynums is unmatched by any bigs except duncan or KG bynum works his but off which is why he will be another laker great big

if he stays healthy of course
Posted Image

#355 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,205 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 05:40 PM

I didn't even have his injuries in mind when I wrote that. Just this work ethic, complacency, laziness, lack of focus, desire, heart in long stretches just doesn't look like greatness to me.

he has one of the best work ethics in the league hes not kobe hes a big all bigs go lazy through stretches just to conserve energy he was coming back from injury and needed to get back into game shape

once he did he was 26ppg 14rpg 3bpg i don't care who that is those are hakeem the dream stats the guy has great written all over him

where do you get this laziness thing from kobe himself said he was an extremely hard worker and kobe is one to know who works hard

kobe said mayo was a hard worker and look best rookie mayo

kobe said lebron is a hard worker and look future of the league

kobe said drew is an extremely hard worker future great laker big

kobe knows what hes talking about when it comes to work ethic and bynum works hard by all accounts where else did his 70% free throws and new jumpshot come from

the guy is a great kid who took AP classes the guy works hard don't get it twisted
Posted Image

#356 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 03, 2009 - 05:56 PM

If he's taking time to set himself good position and we pass around the perimeter until he does, he's hurting the team's offensive rhythm. He hurts the team more if he post up too high (did it for most of the year) because we all know he's gonna kick it right back out to Kobe (usually) when he's too far away from the basket with the shot clock winding down or go for a turn around fadeaway like he's Duncan or KG. Now you know why Kobe's "settling" for those outside shots...its because Drew and Pau bring congestion in the paint (its just part of the package of playing 2 footers) and because the ball is most likely in Kobe's hands on the perimeter when the shot clock is winding down

He's hurting the team when he doesn't communicate to our guards that a pick is coming. He's hurting the team when he isn't stepping out to defend outside the paint because he's lazy too move his feet (happens quite often)

He's not gonna be like Wilt, Russell, Chamberlain, Malone, and all those great bigs...those guys can do it all, Drew can;t.

And as I said, you got what you wanted. Our offense is now centered around Kobe so he'll be able to break records.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users