Bynum's pathetic rebounding

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#1 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:13 PM

I've just about had enough of this. Bynum has had four games this month with 6 or lower rebounds. Considering the amount of money he gets paid to do his job, I find that disgusting. I mean, take tonights game for example, he got ONE rebound, and this ONE rebound fell to him. He barely had to jump. His rebounding has just been uninspiring, there are players that are a foot smaller than him that get more rebounds than him.

I mean if Bynum is going to be pathetic on the offensive end (scores points but takes too many shots to get those points), then the least he could do is contribute on the defensive and rebounding end. But no, he continues to put in Kwame like rebounding performances. I consider defensive rebounding part of defense, and I can't call him a good defender unless he does a decent job of pulling down the boards.

There is no way that Bynum is a top 5 center in this league when he can't do better than that.

Of course, court Bynum will come out to defend him right here, but hopefully some unbias fans can give their true opinions on this. Honestly, if Kwame was putting in these sorts of rebounding performances, he would be DESTROYED by our fans.

What do you think about this?

(by the way, sorry to bring up a negative after a win).

EDIT FOR STAT I FIGURED OUT: INTERESTING STAT:

Bynum averages 6.1 rebounds per game for the whole of this month so far, less than what Mihm did as a starter pre-injury.

Edited by Darth Bynumite, January 13, 2009 - 08:27 PM.

Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#2 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fish

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:17 PM

i 100% agree with you Darth. =)

Kwame would get killed and mobbed if he got the same rebounds as Bynum.

Bynum is so inconsistent, but i don't really play him on this game, because u know, its hard to rebound against Yao Ming, who was in against Bynum most of the game, and when Yao left Bynum was on the bench b/c he was in foul trouble.

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

#3 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:18 PM

Tonight he was no where to be found. Hopefully he plays better vs Spurs.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#4 We Believe

We Believe

Sixth Man

• 2,805 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Fish.

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:18 PM

im very disappointed. I think Ariza needs to give him some pointers. For God sakes Bynum is what 7'1" he should be a rebounding machine. At least averaging 7-8+ rebounds a game. All i expect from Bynum is to rebound and defensd. But it seems like hes doing none of the above. If he defended im almost positive that we would not have to rely on Kobe or anybody else to score as much.

2010 NBA CHAMPIONS = LOS ANGELES LAKERS

#5 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:19 PM

im very disappointed. I think Ariza needs to give him some pointers. For God sakes Bynum is what 7'1" he should be a rebounding machine. At least averaging 7-8+ rebounds a game. All i expect from Bynum is to rebound and defensd. But it seems like hes doing none of the above. If he defended im almost positive that we would not have to rely on Kobe or anybody else to score as much.

yea, only if he defends WITHOUT fouling. when he tries to defend, he almost always gets a foul or a block, mostly a foul.

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

#6 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:20 PM

i 100% agree with you Darth. =)

Kwame would get killed and mobbed if he got the same rebounds as Bynum.

Bynum is so inconsistent, but i don't really play him on this game, because u know, its hard to rebound against Yao Ming, who was in against Bynum most of the game, and when Yao left Bynum was on the bench b/c he was in foul trouble.

It's not just tonight, these 3/4/5/6 rebound games he keeps having can't keep on happening. It's ridiculous. If Phil wanted that sort of productivity he would play Chris Mihm.

#7 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:22 PM

Exactly.

As I said, his LONE rebound tonight was a rebound that fell RIGHT TO HIM. Anyone, even a crippled man with a walking stick could have gotten that board. If it wasn't for that, Bynum would have finished this game with 0 rebounds.

#8 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts

It's not just tonight, these 3/4/5/6 rebound games he keeps having can't keep on happening. It's ridiculous. If Phil wanted that sort of productivity he would play Chris Mihm.

true. i feel bad for Chris Mihm. he used to a be decent starting center but one injury and his career is like over.

Posted Image

#9 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,934 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

He doesn't play with the same energy on defense like he does on offense. He needs to change his attitude

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#10 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:23 PM

Yes his rebounding was disappointing i wouldn't call it disgusting. Consider this for tonite. Bynum's objective was to keep Yao off the boards so sometimes when your sole purpose is too keep Yao off the boards then you allow others to get the rebound. Basically you sacrifice your body by boxing out to allow others. Another thing to keep in mind is that he is not the "center" of attention and has to play off both Kobe and Gasol. His touches are limited and he is still learning the game. I would like him to come out with more energy. He has a much more different role than last year and it perhaps is even a harder role to learn.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#11 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:24 PM

wasnt he in foul trouble for most of the game? i didnt watch the whole thing
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#12 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

wasnt he in foul trouble for most of the game? i didnt watch the whole thing

Not til the 3rd.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#13 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

INTERESTING STAT:

Bynum averages 6.1 rebounds per game for the whole of this month so far, less than what Mihm did as a starter pre-injury.

Edited by Darth Bynumite, January 13, 2009 - 08:25 PM.

#14 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:25 PM

he got paid to soon...he thinks he is guaranteed on the Lakers... our Caps and the coaching staff need to crack the whip.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#15 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:27 PM

I like Bynum, I really think he will become a great player, but I'm not blind. I can easily see that he plays with not enough energy. He just doesn't have that "fire" or "heart" to just go out there and get all those "[expletive]ing"-Woops- rebounds.
Posted Image

#16 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:28 PM

I like Bynum, I really think he will become a great player, but I'm not blind. I can easily see that he plays with not enough energy. He just doesn't have that "fire" or "heart" to just go out there and get all those "[expletive]ing"-Woops- rebounds.

I liked him, and I will like him again if he turns his lazy rebounding [expletive] up three gears.

Edited by Darth Bynumite, January 13, 2009 - 08:28 PM.

#17 Vaporize

Vaporize

Sixth Man

• 2,939 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:30 PM

Give him some time... I think with Pau out there it doesn't feel like a main offensive option. So he runs up and down the court without getting a touch and gets tired, and even discouraged. So he doesn't give much effort in rebounding. Once he develops more post moves, he'll get more confidence.

Posted Image

#18 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:32 PM

Give him some time... I think with Pau out there it doesn't feel like a main offensive option. So he runs up and down the court without getting a touch and gets tired, and even discouraged. So he doesn't give much effort in rebounding. Once he develops more post moves, he'll get more confidence.

If he wants to gain Phil and his teammates respect, he should put the effort in rebounding (what the team would be asking him to do).

#19 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:38 PM

ship his [expletive] out, get shaq back.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#20 LP_18

LP_18

Sasha's favorite

• 1,856 posts
  • Name:Lisa
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha!

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:41 PM

hes in a slump. hes much better than what he did tonight.

he'll get better if he realizes that he needs to step up.

QUOTE (MDI @ Mar 19 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when did sash turn into kobe ? WTF?

TEAM SASHA!
TEAM PAU PAU!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users