Photo

Mike Conley might be on his way to Milwaukee?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,380 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 11, 2009 - 11:21 AM

Let's just say it's safe to assume that the much talked about Mike Conley-for-Travis Outlaw deal between Memphis and Portland will always be met with a telephone busy signal from here on out.

The Grizzlies signing Darius Miles to a 10-day contract Saturday with the potential to adversely affect Portland's salary cap likely ends any chance the two teams will ever deal in the future.

The Grizzlies and Milwaukee Bucks have talked about a deal that could send Conley to Wisconsin for guard Ramon Sessions and swingman Joe Alexander.

It is not known what other components, if any, are in the proposed trade but a deal would work under NBA rules with those three players.

A deal involving Conley appears more imminent now than ever because his most ardent supporters within the organization no longer fight for his stay in Beale Street Blue.

The Griz turned down a deal before the start of the season that would have sent Conley to Portland for swingman Travis Outlaw. Memphis tried to revive those trade talks to no avail.

Conley is aware of the situation.

"They've given me chances," Conley said. "I wouldn't say they've given up on me. We've been searching. It's tough. You don't know what the organization might be doing. My dad (and agent, Mike Conley Sr.) told me not to worry about it and just play."

Part of the recent disappointment with Conley is his perceived contentment over losing the starting job at point guard. That Conley has shown little-to-no fight to regain the starring role hasn't been viewed favorably given his history of passive play on the court.

Why else would the Griz do the deal?

Alexander is an athletic, decent shooting answer to the Grizzlies' search for a backup to Rudy Gay. He's raw and hardly used in Milwaukee but another player with length the Griz could develop. Plus, Sessions is the most productive of the three players involved.

This would also satisfy the Grizzlies' goal of allowing rookie O.J. Mayo to handle the basketball more.

http://www.commercia...-trading-block/

#2 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,276 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 11, 2009 - 11:25 AM

wow, sessions would be good there.

Posted Image

#3 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,443 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted January 11, 2009 - 11:40 AM

Joe Alexander is going to be a really good player in this league.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users