#21 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 10, 2009 - 06:53 PM

Ken, I understand what you’re saying. The problem that bother me the most is that they don't pass him the ball unless he is trailing or for an alley-oop. The team does not have confidence in him yet. You can see the body language on the court with him. The offense is never run threw him at all. Phil has to help instill confidence in him now, so by playoff time that he’ll be a dominate force.

They really didn't run it through him last year either. Not like they did with Shaq, that's for sure. He developed a chemistry with Kobe before he went down, but he did not create for himself any more than he's creating for himself right now. Last year, he went after rebounds aggressively and grabbed them because he soared higher than anyone else. I don't see that as much so far this season.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 10, 2009 - 06:54 PM.

#22 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,071 posts

Posted January 10, 2009 - 07:53 PM

last year bynum was our post presence

this year hes only had success when we've fed him the ball

its all about touches and bynum hasn't been in basketball shape and only recently has started getting the touches therefore getting more points.

rebounding wise we are leading the league in rebounding and bynum is averaging 8 per game so this whole thing about rebounding is ridiculous

you got kobe averaging 5 per game

ariza with 5 per game

gasol with 9

odom with 6

so out of our 44 rebounds per game those 4 guys account for 25 of them

bynum still averages 8 per game

what do you expect we are the best rebounding team in the league there will be nights where our bigs get 5 or under because we have some smalls who grab boards

8 is enough for now
Posted Image

#23 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 10, 2009 - 09:25 PM

i have to agree with last stand, in the amount of minutes hes playing and the way hes positioned in the triangle, 8 per game is very good especially with us being a great rebounding team
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#24 Moos

Moos

Rookie

• 82 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Chamberlain

Posted January 11, 2009 - 12:49 AM

Ken, I have no problem with Bynum’s stats what’s so ever this year. We all know he is working his way back into game shape & the game will come to him soon just not soon enough like we’re hoping so. Ken miss quoted me I didn’t say the offense ran through Bynum- I said the offense never ran through him. Yes him & Kobe developed chemistry last year, also Kobe fed him the ball inside before he was injured that year… this year Kobe isn’t looking for him why? I have to agree with some of last stand points.

#25 Rick

Rick

Rookie

• 82 posts

Posted January 11, 2009 - 08:34 AM

Pau's in there too, let them share teh rebounds. And dun forget about LO...all 3 of them are like keys to rebounding. All of them contributing in their own ways and strengths equal success for our team.

Today's game, I like his scoring, he finally hit 20 although with lil rebounds. It's all good, still efficient to say the least.

Well, you might not of noticed Indiana didn't leave many rebounds up in the air to grab because they were smokin hot.

#26 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted January 11, 2009 - 11:24 PM

Well, you might not of noticed Indiana didn't leave many rebounds up in the air to grab because they were smokin hot.

I know... :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users