#22 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 09, 2009 - 02:22 PM

lol, do you REALLY think da bulls would give the Lakers Nociono AND Noah?

HAHHAHAHAHAHA

In this deal, they probably would. The NBA is a business. Nocioni and Hughes have awful contracts. In return, they get a 14.5 million dollar expiring contract in LO and a lesser contract in Radmanovic (even though it's still inflated). The only "value" they give up is Noah, but he's never going to be a star in this league. GMs have to think outside the box for their teams to survive in this league. DA Bulls already have Luol Deng at small forward and don't need Nocioni, especially if Radmanovic is in this deal. They want desperately to get rid of Hughes' contract (12.5 mil for 2 more years) and know that they will have to pay a price to do that. That price is basically Noah. Big deal. The issue isn't whether the Bulls would "give" the Lakers Nocioni and Noah, it's whether the Lakers would even consider a deal like this. So please leave your immature "HAHHAHAHAHAHA" for something you have an inkling about.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 09, 2009 - 02:23 PM.

#23 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,357 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 04:57 PM

He needs the ball to be effective so he won't be a good fit here

which is why you make him a back up PG and give him the green light to score

we have no punch off the bench to be honest

our 2nd units scoring comes entirely almost from garbage buckets, wide open threes set up by first unit guys

it'd be nice to have someone on the bench who could lead them so we could rest all of our starters and kobes minutes could drop

i don't think hughes is the answer but if you get nocioni then you have to look at it

andrew/ noah
pau/ lamar
nocioni/ ariza
kobe/ sasha
fish/ hughes

that is a much stronger team than what we have now because you are replacing guys who were barely helping the team to guys who are talented and can pack some punch

but this is unrealistic so i wont go on about the benefits anymore

just saying the benefits are huge but the issue is chemistry will take a hit though hughes basically plays like farmar but is a veteran, much better defender and scorer. and nocioni is better than vlad by a mile and luke by half a mile
Posted Image

#24 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 09, 2009 - 05:27 PM

^ The only problem with your projected lineup is that we would have already given up Lamar Odom in the deal, so he couldn't be the backup PF.

#25 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,357 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 05:29 PM

^ The only problem with your projected lineup is that we would have already given up Lamar Odom in the deal, so he couldn't be the backup PF.

oh i didn't read his trade proposal i never thought anyone would want to give up odom for hughes

if i'm trading odom i want a legitimate 2nd, 3rd, at the least 4th tier small foward otherwise no deal
Posted Image

#26 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 06:00 PM

oh i didn't read his trade proposal i never thought anyone would want to give up odom for hughes

if i'm trading odom i want a legitimate 2nd, 3rd, at the least 4th tier small foward otherwise no deal

I'd consider Nocioni a second tier small forward. He's a tough defender and shoots the 3. But that's me. Again, just food for thought, but I'd probably pass on it if I were the Lakers even though I do think that LO is not essential to winning a championship this year (especially given the rapid development of Ariza).

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 09, 2009 - 06:00 PM.

#27 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,357 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 07:03 PM

I'd consider Nocioni a second tier small forward. He's a tough defender and shoots the 3. But that's me. Again, just food for thought, but I'd probably pass on it if I were the Lakers even though I do think that LO is not essential to winning a championship this year (especially given the rapid development of Ariza).

actually i think its opposite i think odom is vital to winning it this year but less valuable after because we need his versatility off the bench and ariza is developing but hes not developed

i suspect it will take trevor 1 maybe 2 more years to become the legitimate small foward we need to be unstoppable

i mean shooting with consistency, defending like he is now

remember hes still under 24
Posted Image

#28 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 07:34 PM

actually i think its opposite i think odom is vital to winning it this year but less valuable after because we need his versatility off the bench and ariza is developing but hes not developed

i suspect it will take trevor 1 maybe 2 more years to become the legitimate small foward we need to be unstoppable

i mean shooting with consistency, defending like he is now

remember hes still under 24

Good points, except I think that "vital" is a little strong in terms of LO's value to the Lakers this year given the "addition" of Ariza and Bynum. LO was excellent in the playoffs last year until we reached the NBA Finals. Let's hope we offer Ariza what he's worth to stay.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 09, 2009 - 07:34 PM.

#29 Mo Rings

Mo Rings

Fan since Hector was a pup!

• 543 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:All of 'em!

Posted January 09, 2009 - 08:45 PM

Shocking that went over peoples heads.

Edited by Mo Rings, January 09, 2009 - 08:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users