#1 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 09, 2009 - 10:22 AM

Larry Hughes is a big guard who is neither a 1 or a 2. In other words, he's the Ron Harper/Brian Shaw type of guard who just might be perfect for the triangle. He's a good defender, a decent 3 point shooter, and a great ball handler. Is he someone who the Lakers should have any interest in? He has a ridiculous contract (2 years left at 12.5 mil per year).

I hypothesized a deal on the RealGM Trade Checker that works. Lamar Odom and Buzz Kill Radmanovic for Hughes, Nocioni and Joaquim Noah. Noah can spell either Gasol or Bynum and is an excellent weak side shot blocker and rebounder. Nocioni gives us the added toughness we need at the 3. Hughes gives us the added depth in the backcourt that we need. Reaction!

#2 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 09, 2009 - 10:52 AM

What the hell has happened to this message board in the last few days? Has everyone lost their minds?

Hughes is a chucker. He doesn't care about winning so long as he gets to score. This is the LAST person I want on this team.

#3 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,593 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 09, 2009 - 10:54 AM

I don't want Noah. Dude adds 200% ugly to whichever team he's part of. :lol:

Posted Image

Edited by L.A.K.E.R, January 09, 2009 - 10:56 AM.

#4 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 10:55 AM

I don't want Noah. Dude adds 200% ugly to whichever team he's part of :lol:

That too.

#5 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 11:01 AM

What the hell has happened to this message board in the last few days? Has everyone lost their minds?

Hughes is a chucker. He doesn't care about winning so long as he gets to score. This is the LAST person I want on this team.

I'm not saying it's a deal the Lakers should make, but it's in the news that the guy is available and while you might think he's a chuck, he's the kind of big guard that Phil Jackson likes. Your comment of "what the hell has happened to this message board in the last few days?" is out of line. I never said it's a deal I would make; I just threw it out there as food for thought. I'm sorry it offended your NBA IQ.

#6 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 11:03 AM

Oh, and I'd much rather have Nocioni and Noah on the Lakers than Buzz Kill. I'm of the opinion that we can win without Lamar Odom, even though you might think that I've "lost my mind." Noah has some definite upside as a low post defender and shot blocker. We have plenty of guys who can put the ball in the hoop.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 09, 2009 - 11:04 AM.

#7 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,593 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 11:09 AM

I like Nocioni, am not so sure about Hughes, and Noah is servicable, but I'm not willing to give up Lamar Odom for them. He's a LOT more valuable than that.

#8 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted January 09, 2009 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (BadScooter @ Jan 9 2009, 11:39 AM)
What the hell has happened to this message board in the last few days? Has everyone lost their minds?[/quote]

[quote name='Ken #1 Beloved' post='174179' date='Jan 9 2009, 10:48 AM']I'm not saying it's a deal the Lakers should make, but it's in the news that the guy is available and while you might think he's a chuck, he's the kind of big guard that Phil Jackson likes. Your comment of "what the hell has happened to this message board in the last few days?" is out of line. I never said it's a deal I would make; I just threw it out there as food for thought. I'm sorry it offended your NBA IQ.[/quote]

You're right, Scooter. I'd much rather listen to the typical whining complaining Laker fan moaning about how much they suck because they're not going win 82 games. Get out of here Ken, with that "food for thought" crap. Let's talk about how soft Gasol is, or how Kobe has to make better decisions, or how Fish can't guard anybody.

#9 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (BadScooter @ Jan 9 2009, 11:39 AM)

You're right, Scooter. I'd much rather listen to the typical whining complaining Laker fan moaning about how much they suck because they're not going win 82 games. Get out of here Ken, with that "food for thought" crap. Let's talk about how soft Gasol is, or how Kobe has to make better decisions, or how Fish can't guard anybody.

Don't forget about how Bynum sucks and how inconsistent Lamar is and how we need to trade Luke Walton and Jordan Farmar. It seems like the only players we don't complain about are Trevor Ariza (although I got thrashed for suggesting that he has the potential to be Kobe's Scottie Pippen someday) and Vlad Rad.

#10 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,593 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 11:45 AM

There's really no need for that. Ken's idea isn't a bad one, unlike certain others trades perpetuated by fans through the terror that is the ESPN trade machines. He gives his reasons, cites valid points, and it's up to the reader whether or not they agree with his views. There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism or thinking of how to better ones favorite team, that's what fans do.

Edited by L.A.K.E.R, January 09, 2009 - 11:46 AM.

#11 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted January 09, 2009 - 11:47 AM

Yeah there's no reason to attack Ken, you may not agree with his post but you shouldn't attack him or bait.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#12 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 11:50 AM

Yeah there's no reason to attack Ken, you may not agree with his post but you shouldn't attack him or bait.

Scott P and I are old friends from another forum. He knows I was just joking with him. I probably should have PM'd him because I can't expect everyone to understand our little inside jokes. Sorry.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 09, 2009 - 11:50 AM.

#13 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 12:17 PM

Scott P was being sarcastic.

EDIT: Nevermind, Ken cleared that up.

Edited by AkademikONE, January 09, 2009 - 12:17 PM.

#14 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,593 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 12:26 PM

Scott P was being sarcastic.

EDIT: Nevermind, Ken cleared that up.

The thing is, that based on the context of a few of Scott P's previous posts, I didn't know whether to interpret it as sarcasm or acting like a :censored: to people of differing opinions. Sorry Scott.

#15 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted January 09, 2009 - 12:47 PM

I don't think the Bulls would give up Hughes,Noah,and Nocioni???

Plus I don't like giving up Lamar at all. :no:
Posted Image

#16 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 01:18 PM

I don't think the Bulls would give up Hughes,Noah,and Nocioni???

Plus I don't like giving up Lamar at all. :no:

I think that of the 3, Noah is the only one they might have a tough time parting with. Remember, Hughes has an un-Godly contract and LO has a 14.5 mil expiring contract so it's a pretty attractive trade-off for them, especially considering Nocioni'c long, inflated contract. It won't happen and I wouldn't do it either if I were the Lakers. Again, just food for thought.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 09, 2009 - 01:19 PM.

#17 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 01:25 PM

Don't forget about how Bynum sucks and how inconsistent Lamar is and how we need to trade Luke Walton and Jordan Farmar. It seems like the only players we don't complain about are Trevor Ariza (although I got thrashed for suggesting that he has the potential to be Kobe's Scottie Pippen someday) and Vlad Rad.

No one complains about Radman? Lol

There's really no need for that. Ken's idea isn't a bad one, unlike certain others trades perpetuated by fans through the terror that is the ESPN trade machines. He gives his reasons, cites valid points, and it's up to the reader whether or not they agree with his views. There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism or thinking of how to better ones favorite team, that's what fans do.

I'm the only Bengali that can detect sarcasm :)

And no Larry Hughes please. People think about getting Hughes, getting S Jax... no thanks.

#18 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted January 09, 2009 - 02:00 PM

Scott P and I are old friends from another forum. He knows I was just joking with him. I probably should have PM'd him because I can't expect everyone to understand our little inside jokes. Sorry.

Shocking that went over peoples heads. Maybe I'm just not funny.

#19 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted January 09, 2009 - 02:04 PM

Shocking that went over peoples heads.

what a thread!

#20 G-Small

G-Small

Lakers World Order

• 441 posts
  • Name:G-Small
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Nickey Maxwell VanExel III

Posted January 09, 2009 - 02:13 PM

Larry Hughes is a big guard who is neither a 1 or a 2. In other words, he's the Ron Harper/Brian Shaw type of guard who just might be perfect for the triangle. He's a good defender, a decent 3 point shooter, and a great ball handler. Is he someone who the Lakers should have any interest in? He has a ridiculous contract (2 years left at 12.5 mil per year).

I hypothesized a deal on the RealGM Trade Checker that works. Lamar Odom and Buzz Kill Radmanovic for Hughes, Nocioni and Joaquim Noah. Noah can spell either Gasol or Bynum and is an excellent weak side shot blocker and rebounder. Nocioni gives us the added toughness we need at the 3. Hughes gives us the added depth in the backcourt that we need. Reaction!

lol, do you REALLY think da bulls would give the Lakers Nociono AND Noah?

HAHHAHAHAHAHA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users