Photo

Blazers threatening the the rest of the NBA?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,837 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 09, 2009 - 06:45 PM

looks like the NBA thinks the threat is stupid

The NBA Players Association has accused the Portland Trail Blazers of collusion after the franchise threatened possible litigation for any team that tries to sign free-agent forward Darius Miles.

“We are shocked at the brazen attempt by the Portland Trail Blazers to try to prevent Darius Miles from continuing his NBA career,” the union’s executive director, Billy Hunter, said in a statement released early Friday evening. “Their attempt to intimidate the other 29 NBA teams by threatening frivolous litigation merely for signing this capable NBA veteran is a clear violation of the anti-collusion and other provisions of our Collective Bargaining Agreement. We will vigorously defend Darius’ rights.”

http://sports.yahoo....b...o&type=lgns
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#22 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 06:58 PM

whats funny is they are threatening about suing whatever team signs darius when darius now has a legitimate case and probably could sue portland on top of fines which will most likely be coming their direction and the 9 million against their cap

so basically 9 million is growing because of their simple little threat

they should have kept quiet when in reality they shouldn't be reaping the benefits they are getting because darius miles is not career ending and he can play
Posted Image

#23 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,591 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 09, 2009 - 06:59 PM

I think the Nuggets will sign him. Just a feeling.

#24 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,837 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 13, 2009 - 05:41 PM

some new information on this subject

Before the Portland Trail Blazers resorted to a threatening email to frighten rival NBA teams from signing Darius Miles, team officials late last week made a brazen bid to claim the forward off waivers only to be stopped by the league, multiple front-office sources told Yahoo! Sports.

So determined to salvage the salary cap space that would come with the foiling of Miles’ comeback from a devastating knee injury, Portland president Larry Miller and general manager Kevin Pritchard apparently were willing to stash Miles on the sideline and keep him away from other NBA teams.

http://sports.yahoo....m...o&type=lgns

the blazers organization is so screwed right now

Edited by phifedogg76, January 13, 2009 - 05:42 PM.

Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users