Kris Humphries was booed by 20,000 strong in Wednesday night’s Nets vs. Knicks pre-season game. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to Humphries as he has been awarded the title of “NBA’s Most Disliked Player”.
- Kris Humphries – New Jersey Nets – 50% Dislike
- LeBron James – Miami Heat – 48% Dislike
- Kobe Bryant – Los Angeles Lakers – 45% Dislike
- Tony Parker – San Antonio Spurs – 37% Dislike
- Ron Artest – Los Angeles Lakers – 36% Dislike
- Chris Bosh – Miami Heat – 34%
- Carmelo Anthony – New York Knicks – 27% Dislike
- Paul Pierce – Boston Celtics – 25% Dislike
- Dwayne Wade – Miami Heat – 23% Dislike
- Lamar Odom – Dallas Mavericks – 21% Dislike
According to Forbes, the survey focused on the broad population, not just NBA fans. This explains why Kris Humphries tops the list. Humphries is more known for his 72 day marriage to Kim Kardashian then he is for playing forward for the New Jersey Nets.
“The Decision” continues to hurt LeBron James popularity as he came in at number two. As you read above, all three of the “Big 3″ down in South Beach made the Top 10.
Former Laker Lamar Odom is one of the nicest guys you may ever meet. However, non-NBA fans know him as “that one guy who is married to a Kardashian”.
It is clear that being part of the Kardashian world makes you more famous. In this case it has also made Odom and Humphries infamous.
World Peace aka Ron Artest is still known for the brawl at the palace which doesn’t help his like ability. Although he has drastically changed his reputation in recent years.
As far as Kobe, it seems NBA fans and non-NBA fans alike either love him or hate him. Bryant has proven to be one of the most polarizing athletes in sports since he was coined “The Next Michael Jordan” as a rookie back in 1996.