Here’s a new addition to TLN where we’ll highlight some of the things that are going on, in or around our Lakers and NBA world.
- Kobe Bryant is apparently part of a celebrity ‘Emmy’ phone chain. Others in the chain include William Shatner, Rachel Ray, Regis, Martin Short and The Hoff.
- The Boston Celtics met with President Bush for the annual ‘champions visit to the White House’. I know what you’re thinking, “that should have been us.” Well, I guess we’ll just have to settle for a meeting with John McCain or Barack Obama in ’09.
- Salim Stoudamire is now a Spur. Dare we counter this move by signing yet another guard?
- Well, apparently the Pistons are “excited” about Kwame Brown’s potential. Before we go on to mock them, please remember that most of us were as well, years ago. Many of us are actually excited about Lamar’s potential, nevermind that he’s been in the league for a decade.
- Andrew Bynum’s offical website got a makeover.
- PJ Brown has retired from the NBA. I’ll hold back from calling him a ring chaser — it would only make me should like a bitter Lakers fan… which I am.
- Chris Bosh and Baron Davis will face off in a ‘funny skit’ challenge. Knowing the skits both Bosh and Davis have done in the past, this should be good.
That’s all I have for you guys today. If you have anything intresting tidbits to send over, feel free to e-mail it to me.