Now with media day over, the Lakers starting regular practices and the first exhibition game around the corner, here are some small news bits all bunched together in this edition of Across The Nation.
- Andrew Bynum is going to let his agent handle his contract. “That’s business. My agent takes care of it. What I’ve got to do is play well and make people believe that I’m the great player I’m supposed to be” said Bynum.
- Everyone is happy and excited for this Lakers season.
- Odom isn’t voting himself for being the 6th man, but will do “whatever he [Phil] wants.”
- Trevor Ariza added 5 pounds while working on his jumper all summer!
- ESPN’s first power rankings have Lakers at #2: “Despite concerns — Bynum’s recovery from knee woes, Kobe’s insisting he doesn’t need wrist surgery, and doubts about Bynum, Gasol and Odom’s coexisting — who in the West wouldn’t trade for the Lakers’ issues?”
- With NBA Live 09 & NBA 2k9 being released right around the corner, we which one has the better virtual Kobe? 2k9 or Live?
- TLN was at media day 2008! For our report, you can check it out here!
- The O.C. Register digs the Vittiz.