Fan’s threatening to leave the Lakers. Improbable and impossible as it seems, some are threatening to walk out on their favorite team, the Lakers, if Kobe is traded or opts out. I’ve heard more than a few bloggers say if Kobe goes, “That’s it, I’m out of here.”
When you really listen to them, they are just fans venting frustration with the Front Office. The thought of losing two Hall of Fame players in 4 years is too much for some to bear.
But to follow Kobe no matter where he goes, is bordering on worship. He is awesome to watch. I will admit, I’ve been a frequent admirer and sometimes worshiper of the Half Man – Half God, Kobe Bryant. He does things that mere mortals wish they could do. But following Kobe to the ends of the earth, like the old Carole King song, “Where you lead, I will follow. Any where, any where, you want me too” is not my thing.
Think about it. Could you really root for Kobe if he played for the Boston Celtics, the Sacramento Kings, or gasp, the Phoenix Suns? Absolutely, positively, no way.
If you think you can, try this test first.
Repeat after me: “I love the Phoenix Suns. Go Suns. Beat the Lakers!”
If you found that hard or even impossible to say, (try typing it) then you are truly a Laker Fan for life.
My loyalty is with the Lakers, even if they have a funny name, that makes no sense being in L.A.
But the thought did come up to me, is there anything that could make ME, Fatty, leave the Lakers? I mean, something they could do that is so bad, that Fatty says “that’s it, I’m out of here.” And surprising even to me, I pondered the question, and came up with some things that would cause even Fatty, to question HIS loyalty to the Lakers. I’m sure you have some things that might push you over the edge, but here’s my. . .
Top Ten Reasons to Leave the Lakers:
10. Buss moves the team to Las Vegas and changes the name to the Vegas Gamblers.
9. Lakers hire Isaiah Thomas as President, Kevin Mchale as General Manager, and Danny Ainge as Coach.
8. Lakers then trade Kobe to the Celtics for Scott Pollard and two number two’s and cash.
7. Dr. Buss leaves the team to Jim Buss, then Jim appoints himself President, General Manager, and Coach. Then marries his sister Jeannie to solidify control of the franchise (that’s sick).
6. Jim Buss changes the name of the Lakers to the Los Angeles Jim Buss’.
5. Buss sells the Franchise to an ownership group lead by O J Simpson, Barry Bonds, Michael Vick, Michael Jackson and Raja Bell.
4. Lakers sign Kwame to another max extension.
3. Laker’s trade Lamar Odom to Miami for ‘Hey, Hey, Hey, it’s Antoine Walker and Smush Parker. And then Smush is appointed Captain.
2. Staples Center name is changed to The Tampon “For the active Gal” Arena or The Viagra Slam Dunk Moment Arena (Either name and I’m out of here).
And the number one reason and the straw that breaks the Camels back. The Laker Girls are replaced by the Laker Boys.
Okay, if you haven’t figured out by now, I’m just having some fun.
But its your turn. Is there anything the Lakes could do to push you over the edge? To where you say, “that’s it, I’m out of here” (One request, you can keep it serious or funny, but keep it clean.).